Christmas party starting to come together...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

autumnangel

MHH Member
Oct 26, 2007
Menu has been decided, meat pies and sausage rolls provided here, all attendees will add to round out the dinner.

Each of the last few parties we have raised money for a worthy cause: self-denial, breast cancer....but with being so close to Christmas thought I would try something different. Each will be asked to bring one tin of food for every 10 years that God has blessed them with here on earth. The youngest gal is in her 40's...many over 50, so if all 11 of us attend we should have a nice box or two for the food bank at my church.

We will be making three crafts: friendship ball, candy canes and both of these with cards that I must get off the net, so can be added to trees as reminder of our party...third will either be fans or angels. We will see.

Devotional I found one at creative ladies ministry that I am going to change and adapt for Canada...and my 5 diabetics. So I got my work cut out for me...BUT I am so enjoying working on it.

And will be able to devote more time once I finish my Christmas cards. I have 30 done inside and out, and stamped on back and have the envies to stamp then I am done.

Then I have another 20 or so that are done but I need to do finishing touches, stamp inside and envies.

So what have you all been up to?

Oh and tomorrow taking mom and dad to a local craft sale. Sis will come and help as both are in wheelchairs so after that I think tomorrow will pretty much be a write off. Well I best get to bed.
Nite all :globe:

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Sounds great! What are friendship balls? I love the canned food idea!

I need to get organized for a children's party(just family) on Dec. 1- But what to do? and should I combine a cookie swap with this-The parents could just drop them off and when they come to pick up the kids I could have them all packaged for them. Might be biting off more than I can chew with that. Ideas appreciated! :help:

jackfrosty I believe in the old OC recipes (or OH) there was a recipe for caramel dip. All you do is take a few cans of sweetened condensed milk (take labels off) and place the cans in a stockpot of boiling water that is ABOVE the cans. You boil for like 3 or 4 hours and rotating the cans after 2 hours. The only thing you have to do is make sure the water is ALWAYS above the cans. I usually boil water in a teapot when it starts to get low so the new water going in is just as hot so the temperature stays steady. You can have this set up and ready (cooled)before the kids arrive and have them make Homemade Labels for them. Make an extra can so you can cut up some apples for them to enjoy dipping while they are making the labels. I'll see if I can find the link for the recipe!!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Right now I'm working on the November family breakfast, Thanksgiving, and my Sunday School Mother-Daughter Tea Party.

The family breakfast is Saturday, and it should be low key and easy. I'm doing a yummy sausage breakfast casserole, fruit, pancakes (for the kids) and biscuits. We'll have juice in stemless wine glasses, coffee and tea, and I may make or buy a coffee cake, donuts or cinnamon rolls for something sweet.

Thanksgiving for DH"s family will be at our house-I've gotten some confirmations, still waiting on others. I've got my lists made, and I've been trying to pick things up as I run to the store. I've decided on my centerpiece and appetizers, so it will all come together easily enough.

The Mother/Daughter Tea Party is not really a tea party in the traditional sense, but it's fun for the girls. BTW-I'm not leaving the boys out, I only teach 6th & 7th grade girls! LOL! We will have a small savory sandwich-probably a roll with ham and turkey; cookies and candy. I'll serve a hot Christmas tea, cold punch and homemade hot chocolate. If the weather cooperates, we'll go caroling in my neighborhood. I'll pre-arrange that with my neighbors and leave treats for the them to hand out to the girls. I only have about 5 that show up regularly, so I don't expect this party to be too big. We'll make a craft in class that day that they will give to their moms and we'll have an ornament exchange. It's really fun...this is my 5th year to do it.

I'm not sure if I'll do anything else besides Christmas Eve or not. Probably not, I have a lot of other stuff going on.

:globe:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Your party sounds like it going to be great!!

:snowman: Melanie

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Yes, actually I have. It's from a Gooseberry Patch book...you cover a plain votive cup with colored vellum, then string beads on a piece of elastic cord and wrap around the candle. They are bracelets for the candle!! If time allows we'll also make a card for their moms. We only have about 30 minutes, so we can't do a lot. It's really fun.