Christmas starts for us THIS WEEKEND!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

zchristy

Santa's Elves
I'm very pumped - -our Christmas is beginning this weekend. :)

Every year at this time, my Dh and I and our 2 kids take part in a 5K fun run up in the forest North of us. It is a GORGEOUS event with great prizes and a wonderful lunch afterward. We rent a log cabin for the weekend and it's a blast.

This year, our friends are joining us after the 5K Sat morning. This time last year, we lived in the same city and had a fun family Christmas "extravaganza" with the toddlers playing tambourines, the Dad's on the guitars and all of us singing carols. We ate Christmas ice cream and the kids exchange presents and we had SO much fun.

Now this family lives about 70 mins away from us, very close to where the resort is this weekend, so we're doing our Christmas fun at the cabin! We're doing a potluck for supper and we'll walk through the leaves and swim and exchange presents and visit and play games by the fire. ;)

So we're getting a little taste of Christmas this weekend! Had to share. ~:eek:)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
zchristy -- your post was so wonderful! What a beautiful weekend you are planning for the two families! All the fun of Christmas - music and love and presents and food and fun! How wonderful to enjoy it this weekend. THANK YOU FOR SHARING IT WITH US!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
:flower: I am green with envy! What a wonderful fun weekend!! Have an excellent time - I wish you wonderful weather and happy times.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Sounds wonderful!! Have a great time!!

:skate: Melanie

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
That sounds wonderful, have a great time.

:frosty:

zchristy

Santa's Elves
We had a wonderful weekend!

Our friends arrived in the early afternoon Sat and the Mom's hung strings of lights in the cabin (and hung stockings by the fireplace with care LOL) while the Dad's took the kids to the playground in the yard. Then we Mommies chilled with coffees on the deck and got caught up. :)

After about a half an hour, both families took the kids swimming/water sliding at the hotel about 200 yards up the road. After a great time in the pool, we headed back for a snack and then we started the music. The husbands each brought their guitars and we brought enough instruments for the kids and we sang a few carols (I suspect the neighbors may have thought we were nutty, but it makes up for their drunken version of "Sweet Caroline" drifting from their hot tub later that evening LOL).

We had a potluck supper with baked penne, garlic bread, strawberry vinaigrette salad. Mmmm. Then the kids walked with the Dad's while we Mommies yakked some more and cleaned up for dessert. Dessert was pumpkin pie and apple crisp with whipped cream.

Then the kids exchanged presents and played and we took photos in front of the fireplace. We ended the evening with hot cocoa with mini marshmellows. :)

We have already booked for next year (not coincidentally, a cabin with no hot tub next door LOL).

Our friends were only able to stay for the day this year, so as they were packing up to leave, my friend said "So should we do New Year's together"? And her husband, without skipping a beat said, "We better hurry up and plan something...we only have a week". ;o)

What a blessing to have a taste of Christmas with such special people. Thanks for letting me share my excitement with all of you this week. :) Makes me look very forward to the season this year.