Christmas Stuff in Stores

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
In general I feel like there is a lot LESS Christmas stuff in stores this year. My daughter noticed it also. I realize they still might put out stuff for Black Friday and the final weeks BUT usually there is much more out.

I noticed Target had very limited aisles of Christmas decor and ornaments....not nearly the section they had last year. Walmart is also much less than in past years. Not that I needed to buy much in that area but still it was noticeable.

The same with gift sets and other items. I think they are wary of stocking too much because I predict that buying will be DOWN this year, with the economy and people out of work in many places.

What have you noticed? Do you think it is less in your area?

:snowman:

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Target has had less for every holiday this year. In our store, they have designated the back corner for holiday/ seasonal. It is basically 2 aisles. They added one more for Christmas since the trees themselves take up a bit of room. I don't need a lot either, but I used to love to browse! One area that they have beefed up this time of year is the toys...Target and Kmart both have much more than I remembered. It May Safe me a trip to toy-r-us after all!

Last edited:

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Ok, I thought it was only me!
I am finding the selection of Christmas items slim and there is just not a lot of it!