Christmas Tea party

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Noelsmommy

Santa's Elves
Hi everyone!

A few years ago for my daughters 5th bday, I did a Christmas Tea and it was a huge success! I asked here for ideas and of course you all had wondful ones!

This time she is 7 and prime American girl age so I am going to tell the girls to dress fancy and bring their AG girl or favorite stuffed animal.

I will have scones, tea sandwiches, and mini cupcakes and fruit. Asorted child friendly teas and applejuice.

I will have a "pass the parcel" game where they sit in a ciircle and when the music stops they unwrap a layer of wrapping paper and eventually there will be a prize for each girl.

Any other ideas for games and something to pass the time???

Thanks in advance!

Kelly

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
What a great idea!! love it! ... maybe a small craft to make?

Glenda

Retire Member
Dec 10, 2008
Virginia
Love your idea! We are huge American Girl Fans here!

We did an American Girl Christmas play date two years ago and it was lots of fun. I buy ahead when I see items on sale after the holidays so I bought small AG sized Christmas trees for each girl to decorate. I also found small ornaments for cheap at CVS, Michael's etc. Each girl got to decorate their tree and take it home.

We also found some cute AG sized items...Christmas coloring books, a snowglobe (bought at CVS), etc. and they got to wrap presents to put under their tree for their dolls.

We did hot cocoa and cookies. We have two sets of a doll-sized china tea set with a Christmas pattern on it. The dolls had cookies and milk too.

In addition to the tree, ornaments and presents, each girl took home an AG sized stocking with doll-sized items in them. I ordered some things from www.orientaltrading.com.

You could have the girls make doll-sized Christmas cards. You can either use small gift tags that open up like a card or cut your own from cardstock.

Glenda

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Gee, I want an AG party. The ideas sound so nice.

Glenda

Retire Member
Dec 10, 2008
Virginia
Here are a few more ideas...

You could take a picture of your guests at the beginning of the party and have them decorate a picture frame to take home with them.

My DD and her friends love making doll-sized cookies from Sculpey (polymer clay). I know Wilton sells a set of mini Christmas cookie cutters that are a nice size for AG cookies. Here is a picture of some that we made...

We also decorated some of the cookies with seed beads to look like sprinkles but I can't find a picture of them.

Glenda