Christmas Theme Ideas?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
I love Cathymac's idea to make a theme for each year's Christmas! I'd like to follow suit, I think. I found a sign in a craft store that I HAD to buy -- it's about three feet long and says: It's a Wonderful Life! It really struck a chord in me -- even with life's problems, my family and I enjoy a truly wonderful life and we need to remember God's blessings on us. So, that is my theme for this year. I'm hanging the sign front and center in our family room!

Now, how to incorporate the theme? Not necessarily the Jimmy Stewart Christmas movie of the same name, but just to rejoice in our wonderful lives?

A friend wraps a tea box in gold paper and cuts a slit on the top. Every night of December, the kids add coins to the box. One night, it's 'add one coin for every warm bed in your home', or the number of blankets in the house, electric lights, cousins they can name, pets they own, years they've lived. The point is to help the kids look at everyday things as blessings. In January, they donate the box of coins to a charity of their choice.

What would you do?

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
That's IS Wonderful!
What if you wrote a note a day to each person that means something in your life? Even just a few words of thanks. Or children could write what makes them happy about that person. Then you could use Gingerbug's Elf 'Joy ' idea of placing a pretty ribbon on a jingle bell and delivering it to that person. Or you could hang each one on your Christmas tree to remind you of the people who have blessed your life.
It's wonderful to think of this aspect of the season instead of all the buying and getting! TFS! :globe:

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Oh, I think I'll have to rent a copy of the movie 'It's a Wonderful Life' for us to watch as a family to kick off the season -- maybe Thanksgiving night! I was talking to my oldest DS and he didn't remember ever seeing the movie. It'll be a good conversation starter!