Christmas to do list 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I know I say it every year but I need to be on top of my crafting in 2021. I start with a great burst and then run out of steam towards the end.
Just got to try and keep with it. There are things that have been on this list for the last few years, I either do them this year or forget about them!!

Air clay trinket dishes for Mum and DD ( )*
embroidery hoop name ornaments for all of us ( )
framed family picture for me ( )
embroidered hanky for DD (X) this belonged to my dad **
Kitchen teatowels x2 (X)
Beaded snowmen ( ) Family groups
Large snowman peg (X)
Shower melts for Mum and DD and DFSIL ( ) These were a bust last year, I need a different recipe.
Baby cardigans (X)
Rag rug ( )
Knitted teddy bear ( )* Started this
Add DSIL name to tree skirt (X)
Christmas tee shirt for Mum (X)
Various wedding ideas......will wait for DD to decide (X)
Look for and finish those UFOs that are lurking ( )

The big goal for the year is to completely declutter and rearrange craft room. Make it work better for me. DH is organising a desk for me to set up as I like. Excited to get this done.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jody, yes the hanky will be carried by DD. I am having “I love you” embroidered in my dads hand writing that I took from an old letter.

I will go and find the tree skirt lol

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
This would be nice for DD to have to carry with her on her wedding day.
I would add DFSIL name to tree skirt before I packed it away.
And, reply to:
sweetpumkinpye said:
embroidered hanky for DD ( ) this belonged to my dad **

I teared up reading this and remembering my DD's wedding. My daughter carried her great-grandmother's hanky wrapped around her wedding bouquet. It was her "something borrowed", as it has been carried by two of the granddaughters and all of the great-granddaughters that have married. After using it, it gets returned to my Aunt, who holds on to all of my grandparents special keepsakes.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
My thoughts are turning to the coming year's crafting as well!!!

Santa brought me a Cricut Maker and I am super excited to put it through it's paces!!! Have been picking out some cards I'm going to make, but still squarely in the mode of browsing Pinterest and brainstorming ideas!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I’ve started a list. Trying not to make it too long lol

Finish the quilt I started for my husband in 2020. I just ran of time this year and wanted to do a good job. Christmas gift

3 tables cloths I found need to be hemmed to fit the dining room table.

3 purse and wallet sets for Christmas gifts.

Ornaments for the Christmas in July ornament exchange.

3 quilts for me made from clothing that mom had saved.

A host of other quilts from fabric in my stash that I need to use or pass on.

Ornament girl ornaments.

Thankfully all the ufo’s I dealt with earlier this year.

I teared up too reading about the hanky. I carried my moms that she she carried when she married dad.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The hanky is blue and belonged to my dad who passed away in 1999. I have been meaning to get it embroidered for a few years now but really need to get onto it now as DD will be married in October. I also have a brown hanky belonging to my dad and I will give that to DS if ever he marries.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Due to taking a different position at work I really slacked at making gifts this year. I do have some ideas but just thinking of my list now. I bought a sublimation printer earlier this year that sat in the box until a month ago. I am some gifts will be using that. I did make a coffee mug for my dad from my son using a college picture the reason I bought the printer and everyone loved it

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
2021 crafting list so far but I don’t think the other list which is mainly for me other than quilt tops will see much crossed off.

Christmas
-cards--for exchange--done along with the tuck ins—done
--for family and friends—done
-nightgown for DGD—done
-pj's for yDGS
-knitted hat--Done
-knitted sweater for DH
-grandchildren ornaments—done
-ornaments for DD’s—done
-bags for ornaments—done
-snowflakes as gift tags (to use up some crochet thread laying around-not going to happen—tried making them and don’t like how they looked.
-shawls for dd’s—done
4 simple cookbooks for my children—recipes that Their grandparents made every year for Christmas
handmade card set
gift for a couple friend—thinking along the line of bath products but not 100%sure—done
Another 4 hats for the grandchildren—all 4 done
2 dolly nightgown—done

Easter
-dress for DGD—done

Other
-quilt tops
-shawl or two for me
-sweater for me
-some socks—two pairs done

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My Mums friend embroidered my Dads hanky. She has done beautiful embroidery in blue. I hope it will be DDs something blue.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
as the year is progressing I may have to reassess what I will get done this year. I have a feeling that decorating a "homemade" wedding is going to take more time than I think. Nothing on my list is vital, if I don't get things done it will be the start of next years list.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Wow, we are getting close to the half way point of the year. Time is flying by.
I think I’ve made good progress on my list.
Husbands quilt is done, but I am going to redo the binding at some point.
Table cloths and CIJ ornaments done.
Working on my scrapy quilts and I have fabric and patterns pulled for 5 quilts from my stash.
Hoarding my ornament girl kits to take with me when we go out of town later this summer.
Starting purse and wallet sets this week.
Ive added a few things for my friend that is expecting a baby in November.
I have plenty of work to keep me busy.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MM, that is certainly good progress, well done.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Its that time of year when I sit and reevaluate what I need to finish. I don't think I will get everything done this year but the pay off is we have made some amazing stuff for the wedding.
Time for me to start thinking about next years list and get ideas and materials together.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
September is right around the corner, I can’t believe it.
Im down to the very last of my gifts. I need to quilt the Christmas quilt for my friends baby. My machine is in the shop at least for 2 more weeks. I want to do a Santa bag for him too. Depending how long my machine is out I could be done by the end of September.

My personal projects have been in a holding pattern I have plenty of quilts and ornament girl kits to complete. Can’t wait to start working on them again.

I have decided that next year is for me. I may do a few ornaments as a gift but no major projects. I want to focus on projects that I have been wanting to do and haven’t. I love making gifts but I think I need to take a break from that. I hope I don’t sound selfish.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I am not much of a crafter. However, I make ornaments for my dc every Christmas we do a family vacation. I have 5 of those to do. I'm putting it here because, I kid you not, almost every.single.year I realize in mid December that I forgot to make them. :rolleyes: Guess who is rushing around like a mad person trying to find supplies and time?

Reactions: HouseElf

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have decided that next year is for me. I may do a few ornaments as a gift but no major projects. I want to focus on projects that I have been wanting to do and haven’t. I love making gifts but I think I need to take a break from that. I hope I don’t sound selfish.
MM, this does not sound selfish at all. I have been wanting to make a rag rug for years and have never done it, it is on my to do list for year after year. 2022 it is on my list again, hoping to get it done.

Reactions: HouseElf