Christmas windows (decorating)

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
CHRISTMAS WINDOWS

Here are some ideas for decorating your windows for the holiday season...

~ Line up some small potted evergreens on the windowsill and add some tinsel, white mini-lights, and artificial snow.

~ Use evergreen garlands to tie back drapes or curtains. Decorate them with Christmas lights, miniature ornaments, ribbon, and pinecones.

~ Put leftover ribbon to use by tucking some colorful bows on your window sills... hang some ribbon as streamers from curtain rods... or use it to hang pinecones, holly or Christmas cookie cutters.

~ Pin some bright and shiny Christmas balls to your drapes or valances.

Love these ideas. http://thekeepingofchristmas.blogspot.com/search/label/Decorating

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Before we painted the ceilings, I would hang Christmas bulbs of different colors and styles from curly ribbon at adjusted heights in the corner. It looked nice. Always kept an odd number. Now from my dining room valance I hang snowflakes hung on fishing line and at different lengths.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Cute ideas!

For the last couple years, I've been hanging ball ornaments from the top of the window frame above my kitchen sink. I found 2 different ones that coordinated with my colors, hung them from various lengths of ribbon, and used a thumbtack to hang them from the frame.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Terrylee5151... I pick them up on the internet... I can't say I'm very creative myself.

zchristy

Santa's Elves
My living room has 3 windows in a bay window style- a huge 4.5 foot by 4.5 foot window on the front wall and on the side walls a 2 foot wide by 4.5 feet high on each side. All 3 windows have white sheer curtains hanging that puddle on the floor.

For winter I hung snowflakes the kids and I made that have been painted with irridescent glitter. They were hung from fishing line at different lengths across the big window and one snowflake each from the side windows in front of the sheers.

I figure for next Christmas that I can do this again, but spice it up for the holidays by hanging curtain lights from each window behind the sheers.

The only crimp in my plan is that paper snowflakes curl up with the heat from the furnace, so I have to find a new supply that we can still cut through that won't curl up. Any ideas?

I also would love to decorate windows for summer and fall. Besides window clings, does anyone have any other ideas for seasonal weindows?

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Would fun foam be too thick?
Martha has a project for Valentines that is crayon hearts but you could use fall or summer colors and shapes to change it up. I'm hoping to paint some jingle bells this year in Halloween colors(green purple orange and black) those could be hung at different lengths on fishing line or ribbon, too.