Christmassy things you collect

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

girlfromthebog

MHH Member
Jun 3, 2023
NY
i have a collection of santa figures - i was going to say figurines, but that suggests small in size, and i have some that are not so small, i also have many santa themed ornaments. i've struggled to display them the past few years (my son was in the mess about toddler/young child phase) but this year i think is the year to rework the decorating!

Whusky

MHH Member
Jun 7, 2022
UK
i have a collection of santa figures - i was going to say figurines, but that suggests small in size, and i have some that are not so small, i also have many santa themed ornaments. i've struggled to display them the past few years (my son was in the mess about toddler/young child phase) but this year i think is the year to rework the decorating!
When my kids were toddlers, all the "nice" ornaments were clustered together on high shelves (didn't look great, but what can you do?).
Finally got to the point where I don't have to worry about little hands, but now I have to worry about big paws and waggling dog tails!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I don't really consider myself a Christmas collector. However, I do have a ton of Christmas picture books that I bought over the years when my children were younger. We had a tradition of unwrapping and reading one Christmas book a day in December. On Christmas Eve, a brand new book would be unwrapped.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, I love that tradition. Love it!!

Reactions: halimer

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Finally got to the point where I don't have to worry about little hands, but now I have to worry about big paws and waggling dog tails!
I soooo relate to this! I've found some nice looking ornaments that are non-breakable and use those on the lowest branches where pup might brush against those areas.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I don't really know how to describe them...small figurines (mainly of singing poses) that are white/cream and blue which is odd to me because I don't like blue on my Christmas tree! lol Many of them hold small candles. I also like mice, so have some Christmas themed mice figurines.

Whusky

MHH Member
Jun 7, 2022
UK
I don't really consider myself a Christmas collector. However, I do have a ton of Christmas picture books that I bought over the years when my children were younger. We had a tradition of unwrapping and reading one Christmas book a day in December. On Christmas Eve, a brand new book would be unwrapped.
A bit like a book advent calendar? I wish I'd known about that when my kids were young enough to enjoy picture books.
Hmm this has got me thinking about starting my own Christmas book collection for myself... Oh no

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
So, like I have Christmas ornaments and yes, even a giraffe one, but I don't collect certain ones. My tree is a hodge podge. LOL I used to get one on vacation when the kids were little for a remembrance and I also gave them to DD32 and DS20 over the years as gifts. Mice, rats, tabby cats ones to DD and computer gaming ones/or orange cat to DS. DD took hers to VT when she moved.