CIJ 2011 - day 14 Thursday

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Happy Christmas in July!

I posted on my blog and I'm off to check out some craft threads for gifts. :)

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
If you've been reading my blog, you've seen the quilted ball disaster I had on Monday. Today is the day to unpick it completely, and put it back together again the way it should be. It's coming along nicely so far! The Santa Clause is on the movie agenda, followed by Part 2 tomorrow and Part 3 on Saturday - a Santa Clause marathon.

Today is a recipe day and the temperatures are cooler so I'm going to attempt Christmas Tree Pull-Apart Rolls, a savory bread dish. I think I have to run to the store for parsley.

Have a wonderful CIJ day!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
PamelaG, I can't post on you blog but that quilt ball looks great! You seem to have a nice day planned for Christmas fun.

I finished posting all my posts for CIJ up to the 25th.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Happy July 14th of our Christmas in July 2011!!!

A few years ago..... when I joined Christmas in July.... it made me feel bad... to read posts of people... "accomplishing things".... for Christmas. Slowly... over the years.... that "bad feeling" went away. Now..... it gives me pleasure to read what other people are doing...... and it does NOT make me "feel bad" that I am not "keeping up" with them.

I love it that everyone here celebrates Christmas differently..... depending on so many variables: their living situation..... what "Christmas weather" is like where they live. What situation their family is in.... "this year". What traditions they have.... if any...... or whether they are choosing new traditions. Whether their town has lots of wonderful, free, Christmas events...... or none! Whether they will go to a place of religious worship..... or not. Whether their extended family has LOTS of different formal religions in it (like mine)..... or no formal religions.

So..... today..... I am "emotionally exhausted".... from yesterday's "real life crisis". As I celebrate CIJ today..... that exhaustion..... is foremost in my mind.

It makes me realize.... even more..... that peace and simplicity..... is what I am seeking in this year's celebration. I don't know what "real life" will bring this Christmas. I DO know.... that 2011 is an excruciatingly difficult year.... for millions and milliuons of wonderful people.

And.... I believe that Christmas.... the first Christmas...... actually CAME to people in excruciatingly difficult circumstances. And I do believe..... that the "angel" brought us.... tidings of great joy! In..... those very difficult circumstances.

I am so very very grateful..... that Gingerbug and Jeff and the mods..... have created a beautiful and safe place.... for us. I realize that they all pay the price.... of "eternal vigilance"..... so that we may continue to have this blessed place.... in which to gather. I pray that blessings be showered upon them.... and upon their families.... for the gifts that they give... to this - our spiritual community.

How wonderful it is.... to read the different voices that post here. To feel love for these MHH people..... that we will never see.... physically. This helps us..... to enter into.... "the uneen world". While we are here..... in this MHH world.... we ARE also in a spiritual place.... where beauty is not only seen with our eyes..... but is also seen with our hearts".

I believe that if..... you open your heart while you are here.... you will recieve beautiful gifts of priceless treasure. And you will also recieve strength..... for your journey in the "physical world".

So.... Happy Day Fourteen of our Christmas in July 2011 Celebration. And.... showers of beautiful blessings.... upon you.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I have been so busy lately that I have not had much time to think about Christmas or CIJ. I am so behind on gift shopping, ideas and planning. It just seems like the older my little kids get the busier I get. I am however planning on make a dinner for CIJ in for just family on the 24th and it will be a Christmas movie/QVC marathon for that day as well.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I have read and commented on some blogs. Great ideas out there. Pamela I like Lucie can't post on your blog but I loved the pics.

SN thanks so much for sharing your beautiful thoughts.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
What a beautiful post, SparkleNana! Thank you so much. I was just thinking today about many of the points you mentioned. I seem to be doing a lot - and I purposely planned my calendar for July that way. My daughter is fairly independent although she only has a learner's driving permit so I still have to take her here, there and everywhere! My husband is in another state. Our weather is wretchedly hot and I'm not an outdoors person, even when the weather is pleasant (pleasant to me = cool temperatures). I haven't been cooking proper sit-down dinners for a while - my daughter is making the most of summer vacation by sleeping in and staying up late or having sleepovers with friends so her and her friends' eating habits are sporadic at best! So, I've been free to enjoy the Christmas movies that I researched and set aside, read a few Christmas books, knit and work on the craft projects you see on my blog. I am very thankful for this trial-run period for the crafts because I have made some whopping mistakes in my inexperience and it is good to have this time to learn from them!

I, too, am searching for a simpler holiday season this year. My husband will be home for as long as his leave period will allow and I want us to be able to enjoy the time together as a family and not have any hectic things to do, places to go, or projects to work on, unless of course we choose to do that. I see leisurely trips to the bookstore, sipping festive coffee drinks as we browse through the books and magazines, lunch out one day, perhaps a holiday movie at the theatre, Christmas Eve service at our church, and just lots of relaxing at home. We have so much to be thankful for, and being together at Christmas is at the top of the list.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Hi Ladies. I had a imprumptu gift buy today. I am really considering the savory rice I posted on my blog a few days ago and was looking at jars. I was thinking of those decorative canisters but didn't want to spend that much at full price. Well I found Canning jars today. They are hard to find out of season so I decided to pick up a box now. There was a coupon a coupon fairy left so for 12 jars it was under $10. Can't beat less than $1 each!! I can spruce them up when I give them as a gift. Plus today the weather felt cooler and we had a breeze. It was nice. AND we are opening our ornament from the CiJ ornament exchange and that is very exciting!