CIJ 2011 - Day 20th Wednesday

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Merry Christmas in July! Is anyone planning some Christmas fun today?

I posted on my blog and plan to surf the web at noon ... it's too hot to go out anyways.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Luludou.... I will be joinng you.... in surfing the web!!!! It's fun!

I will also be taking Baby Steps towards "clearing the decks" for Christmas 2011. The way-too-deep, floor-level kitchen cabinets are now empty. Now.... pots, pans and the appliances that are taking up precious counter space.... can be moved into those spaces. After that.... it will be emptying the cabinets where dishes are stored..... and deciding which ones to keep.... and rearranging them.

Also.... work will creep along on the new filing system!!! Dh and I are taking VERY HARD LOOKS at finances. Baby steps on that too.

I'd like to play with Christmas cards today.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Luludou: I understand the heat issue. I hurried outside around 6:30am to take care of a few outdoor chores before it got too hot. Warning! Web surfing can be hazardous to your project list. It acted like fertility pills to my project list and they have now multiplied.

SparkleNana: I love the term "clearing the decks". I think I'll borrow this. Sure sounds better than "cleaning house, decluttering, organizing". After all, how can we deck the halls if they aren't clean.

I do love the internet though. It impowers me to attempt repairs with alot more confidence. I have 3 broken ceramic tiles in my kitchen and one in my main bath that needs replacing. Since I put them down I had an idea as to how I was going to replace them but after a few "How to's" I'm really confident now. You would know all of the broken ones are smack in the center of high traffic areas so they were very visible and would otherwise mess up my pretty Christmas home for the holidays. We just can't have that!

DH and I have made plans to take our Christmas photo with both of our 5 month old baby black labs next weekend. We got home yesterday and they were both gone. DH & I were devasted. Pets can get so close to your heart in no time. After 4 hours of walking, screaming, driving and people all over in a 5 block area looking, we found them. Sorta. They decided to play in traffic on a nearby busy highway and were rescued by a loving lady who rescued them and called Animal Control. I put new collars on them a few days ago and had not switched over their tags to the new collars so there was no identification. I'm just waiting until I can go get them at 10a.m.. It will cost me about $300 to get them back. Now this little vacation of theirs certainly put a dent in my holiday funds. Honestly, I would have paid more to have my beautiful silly puppies back.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Luludou: I understand the heat issue. I hurried outside around 6:30am to take care of a few outdoor chores before it got too hot. Warning! Web surfing can be hazardous to your project list. It acted like fertility pills to my project list and they have now multiplied.

SparkleNana: I love the term "clearing the decks". I think I'll borrow this. Sure sounds better than "cleaning house, decluttering, organizing". After all, how can we deck the halls if they aren't clean.

I do love the internet though. It impowers me to attempt repairs with alot more confidence. I have 3 broken ceramic tiles in my kitchen and one in my main bath that needs replacing. Since I put them down I had an idea as to how I was going to replace them but after a few "How to's" I'm really confident now. You would know all of the broken ones are smack in the center of high traffic areas so they were very visible and would otherwise mess up my pretty Christmas home for the holidays. We just can't have that!

DH and I have made plans to take our Christmas photo with both of our 5 month old baby black labs next weekend. We got home yesterday and they were both gone. DH & I were devasted. Pets can get so close to your heart in no time. After 4 hours of walking, screaming, driving and people all over in a 5 block area looking, we found them. Sorta. They decided to play in traffic on a nearby busy highway and were rescued by a loving lady who rescued them and called Animal Control. I put new collars on them a few days ago and had not switched over their tags to the new collars so there was no identification. I'm just waiting until I can go get them at 10a.m.. It will cost me about $300 to get them back. Now this little vacation of theirs certainly put a dent in my holiday funds. Honestly, I would have paid more to have my beautiful silly puppies back.

So glad you found your pups! It's hot, hot, hot here as well so web-surfing sounds like a plan. I noticed a whole bunch of new Pinterest pins on a few friends' boards so I'll be checking those out.

I hear you on the finances. Last year was the first year we had a totally cash Christmas with a strict budget. I had a lot of budget categories and allocated funds in each. It was so nice to a) be disciplined - made me look harder for bargains and options, and b) not have any bills in January!

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
nothing like a heat index of 110 to put one in the xmas spirit... :) I did get my preliminary christmas card photo done though. of course only one out of four animals cooperated but that's what photoshop is for right? (also works for the 16yr old) :) maggie

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I just ordered Christmas presents for my 2 best friends...CHECK! I always struggle with those two, but I decided to give them both something that I use everyday...a special spiral notebook with a leather cover. I have 2 - one for work and one for personal use. The paper is heavenly, refillable and is perforated so you can easily pull out sheets. The company is having a 50% off Christmas in July sale today only. I ordered one in orange and one in hot pink (their favorite colors)!

http://www.graphicimage.com/

Their stuff is pricey, but very high quality. We've purchased business gifts from them, and everyone always loves them.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
HSN (Home Shopping Network) is doing Christmas in July today. And.... they are on the web.... if you can't get to a TV.

(This weekend is QVC's Christmas in July.... on Saturday AND Sunday!)

Colleen in PA... I followed the link you posted. That stuff looks SCRUMPTIOUS!!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Those books are really nice Colleen. Nicurn92 - good job getting those pictures taken!

At noon, I bought myself a metal bird to put in my Christmas tree this year.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
It's hot here also, no AC yuck. Think I will go on the porch and read our CiJ book. Also I got Disney's animated Christmas Carol DVD today. Maybe tonight I will work on knitting some dish rags for gifts.

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I posted pictures on my blog of all my Christmas gift aprons. I plan to get them wrapped up pretty soon.

Sparklenana, I am clearing the decks as well. I have 4 rooms completely decluttered and deep cleaned. I am working 30 minutes in the morning and then 30 minutes after lunch. Tomorrow Kiddo's room is pretty bad so it will be 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the afternoon. By next week at this time my whole entire house will be decluttered and cleaned.

I can't work on Christmas projects because the school room and my office is tore to pieces. I can't even find my scotch tape. Yikes!! By the end of next week both rooms will be back in working order. I am going to play hard core the last two days of July... if I still have the energy.

P.S. I posted pictures of my Christmas crackers and a brief how-to.