CIJ 2011 - day 4

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
What Christmas fun are you having today?

I posted on my blog and I'm going shopping - hopefully I'll find stuff for Christmas! Have fun.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Still catching up on my movie list - Are You Being Served? Christmas for today (it was yesterday's feature) as well as A Charlie Brown Christmas. Seems odd on July 4th but my husband is stationed away from home and my daughter has plans with her friends so it's a perfect day to relax at home. It's forecast to be hot (high 80's) with some thunderstorms so I'll be at home to comfort the dog (she hates storms!). Today is a recipe day so I'll be sharing Pecan Tassies with anyone who drops by! Recipe and photos will be up on my blog tomorrow.

Happy 4th of July!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I've posted some cool Red, White and Blue tree themes on my blog in honor of 4th of July. Good way to combine the two. Other then that, I think that's it. I'm going to make a patriotic headband for my daughter today, so no Christmas crafts for me.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hi Everybody! Yesterday..... I discovered Book 3 of the Christmas Series, by GooseBerryPatch Books. (My MAIN project for July is decluttering/cleaning.... to make space for ds#1's family visit.)

When I look at GooseBerryPatch books..... during the actual Christmas season..... they "overwhelm" me. (We are all different....... I know that they are very comforting to most people in our MHH Family!)

But for me.... these books are so LOADED with rich Christmas pictures....... they are just "too much" for me.... with the complete bombardment of Christmas images EVERYWHERE...... during December.

But during Christmas In July..... this book is a rich treat for me.

For the rest of Christmas In July today..... it will just be reading posts and blogs and websites. I am doing a lot of work.... but it is not "Christmas prep work".... right now. Unless we can count "decluttering and cleaning" as Christmas prep work (which I do, of course!)

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
No real plans for me today Christmas or Partriotic really. Not sure what we will do. I understand what SN is saying. Come Christmas when I want a lot of the stuff done the books hold so much info. I pulled a GBP Christmas book out and sat it aside maybe I will look at it today while we relax. Maybe I can get a trip to the craft store in to look for ribbon.
I already posted to my blog but will check out the other's Christmas postings.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
That's an interesting point. Yesterday, Michelle wrote a post on her blog about enjoying Christmas magazines in July. So many of us have our holiday menus in place (either from early planning or recycling traditional recipes each year), that by the time the Christmas recipes start showing up on the bookstore shelves, we're already all set. Going through them in July is a great idea, not only can you plan ahead for that December, you can also test out some recipes to see if you really like them.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Going to look at Gooseberry Patch Christmas books either this afternoon or tonight after everyone leaves. It will be good relaxing time. Maybe I can start my list of what I want to make and write down ingredients I can get ahead of time. That is my plan anyway.

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I don't think I will have time to do much for Christmas in July today. I spent time writing up the blog features for tomorrow. I have picnic salads to make for tonights 4th of July festivities. I have a feeling I am going to be dicing and mixing for quite some time today.

Hope everyone has a safe and fun day!!

christmasrocks

MHH Member
May 30, 2008
Scotland
I have been around most of today but haven't had a chance to post yet.

Today I've mostly been working on my gift list and my notebook.

I just updated my blog with pictures and a description of my Christmas notebook.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Well, if THINKING about Christmas counts, then I have done a lot of planning for Christmas gifts. I did find some tabs and dividers that I hope to implement into my notebook. I've about narrowed down what my family members will get, too. With Bath & Body Works having the semi annual sale, I'm stock piling stuff from there, too.

christmasrocks

MHH Member
May 30, 2008
Scotland
It's late here (or early!) but I just don't feel tired. I've not been sleeping so well the past few days so I'm still here working away on Christmas stuff. Right now I'm working out my 12 Days of Christmas I'm doing for my mother.