CIJ 2011 - day 6 Wednesday

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
What Christmas fun are you having today?

My post on my blog doesn't seem to be working as schedules, so I'm off to try and fix that.
Happy CIJ!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Today is a decorating tip day so I've put up a post all about Advent Calendars - so many amazing ideas out there. Forecast is for 85 degrees today so it will be a very quiet, move as little as possible day! Christmas with the Kranks is the feature for today. I finished Debbie Macomber's When Christmas Comes and I'm off to pick up a Gooseberry Patch book at the library.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
PamelaG.... wha a lovely day you have planned!

Cmerth..... I am sending prayers and love to you... and will be sending them all day today! Hopefully there will be lots of fun posts for you to read, when you get home!!!!

Piratesmamaof3boys.... I DEFINITELY count the work you are doing with ds12 today... as SERIOUS CHRISTMAS-PREP WORK!!!!!!

Now... let's see..... the decorations for my office/guest room..... once the desk is cleared: I have a black metal 3-tiered basket thing...... with a black metal star on the top of the handle. I plan to fill the baskets with Christmas decorations. I got a bag full of the old, old, OLD blown-glass ornaments at the Thrift Shop. They are not in perfect condition..... some of them are pretty "worn"...... but I love those things. It will be so much nicer to look at them...... than to look at a big jumble of stuff on the desk!!!!

And... as always.... reading Christmassy posts and blogs is VERY fun for me!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
OMG.... TWO THREADS FOR DAY 6!!!

I didn't notice..... and I STARTED the other thread!!! Oh well. Twice as much fun, maybe?

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Im not sure what CIJ fun I will squeeze in today... maybe just a lil christmas music since im going to be busy most of the day!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
SparkleNana - The ornaments sound lovely. I love old ornaments, too. I think your basket idea is a wonderful way of putting a little Christmas out!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
PaamelaG I'm sorry but I just can't post on your blog...but I like all the crafts you gave posted

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hi luludou! Yep.... we were posing at the same time! No harm done!

Hi christmasnut! Watching a Christms movie is always an AAA activity for CIJ!

Hi Kim Loves Snow! This decoration idea IS turning out well. It doesn't SCREAM Christmas at first glance.... at first you think.... oh -- that is interesting! And it's pretty! (When you get a little closer.... you see it IS Christmassy!) I, personally, am a BIG fan of screaming Christmas at first glance! But.... this way is good too!

By the way... Kim Loves Snow.... do you do Christmas decorating where you work... since it IS a historical location? There is so much boring "political correctness" now.... taking all the celebration out of celebrations! I say.... let's all celebrate EVERYBODY's holidays.... the more the better!

Hi girlsinmo!

OK.... off to look for more decorations. (I KNOW that they are in the attic! I just think that SOME of them may be down here.) And... while I am looking..... I am ALSO cleaning/organizing... in the office/guest room!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Now... let's see..... the decorations for my office/guest room..... once the desk is cleared: I have a black metal 3-tiered basket thing...... with a black metal star on the top of the handle. I plan to fill the baskets with Christmas decorations. I got a bag full of the old, old, OLD blown-glass ornaments at the Thrift Shop. They are not in perfect condition..... some of them are pretty "worn"...... but I love those things. It will be so much nicer to look at them...... than to look at a big jumble of stuff on the desk!!!!

SN, I love this idea! I have a bunch of silver glass (aka~breakable!) Christmas balls that I can put in a tray or something. Hmmmm, do I have a big glass bowl? I don't know. I'll have to look around to see what I can use on the coffee table. What a lovely idea you shared with us! Thanks!