CIJ 2011 - day 8 Friday

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
TGIF!!
What fun are you having for Christmas today? I posted some stuff on my blog - enjoy!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Blog updated, half-eaten gingerbread man cut out and ready for sewing, The Christmas Card movie checked out from the library and two Gooseberry Patch books to flip through - it's a rainy day outside, perfect to staying inside.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i got ahallmark gift card for my birthday on wed, saving it for the orament premire on the 16th. yay

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Pamela G, can't post on your blog but those peppermint bark cookies sure look good. I too have to prep my half-eaten gingerbread men - I'm having a hard time finding the right color of felt but I guess they'll get done with what I have. I want to cut them out & put them with the pattern & all accessories in a ziploc to work on. Will you be sewing them by machine or by hand?

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hello on Friday.... the 8th day of Christmas in July!!!!!

Luludou and PamelaG..... thank you for the wonderful blogs! Delightful reading!
Housewife2.... what fun to have a Hallmark gift card.... all ready for the 16th!!

My three-tiered basket is all filled with Christmas ornaments.... and makes the office/gust room feel very festive.... for CIJ!

I am moving closer and closer towards.... addressing Christmas cards. Perhaps.... late this afternoon. I LOVE Christmas cards!!!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I want too read blog post & comment where I can for CIJ. I didn't get anything done for CIJ yesterday.

Lucie read your, left comment. Pamela read yours, couldn't comment but cookies look delicious.

SN your basket sounds lovely.

Housewife I'm sure you'll find beautiful stuff at Hallmark.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
thanks im sure i will . i know of a couple oraments that i want.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Was able to schedule a few posts for my CIJ blog - so that was my Christmas fun today :)

Oh and mom called and said she will do some bathroom decorating - she looked at the pics on my blog and decided she can make one of those herself.

Last edited:

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
Blog updated, half-eaten gingerbread man cut out and ready for sewing, The Christmas Card movie checked out from the library and two Gooseberry Patch books to flip through - it's a rainy day outside, perfect to staying inside.

do you have a picture of the half eaten gingerbread man? he sounds cute! :) maggie

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Pamela G, can't post on your blog but those peppermint bark cookies sure look good. I too have to prep my half-eaten gingerbread men - I'm having a hard time finding the right color of felt but I guess they'll get done with what I have. I want to cut them out & put them with the pattern & all accessories in a ziploc to work on. Will you be sewing them by machine or by hand?

I've got him cut out and I was planning to sew by hand (don't know how to work the sewing machine and not quite in the mood to drag out the manual - will have to wait 'til hubby comes home to show me how - yes, I know, isn't that awful? he's the sew-er (had to put in the hyphen or it comes out sewer!) in the family, all those uniforms! - I was never interested in sewing when I was young and just never learned - sad now because there are so many cool fabrics and patterns - I'll have to sign up for a class). Anyway, sewing by hand just wasn't happening today - too many things on the schedule and I'm just now getting a chance to relax and eat dinner - 7pm - I think I'm going to watch my Christmas movie and go to bed early!

BTW, the bark is just chocolate, it's candy really, two layers of chocolate with a little crunch from the peppermint. You have given me a great idea, though, those melted chocolate layers on top of a cookie would be yummy.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I just posted a yummy looking recipe to my blog-with a pic for an eye candy feast:)

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
We watched a animated movied called Christmas returns (I think) but I have not seen it before, it was cute.I made one apron, needs help but it's a start. I am posting it on my blog.