CIJ Book?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Annie - How fabulous your are for making time for yourself! And, what motivation to get up early so you have time to relax and read! I love the idea. I snuck in a page or two during my very short lunch today.

Michelle - I just stopped by your blog (sorry, forgot to comment. I'll go back soon!) and have to say those cookies are adorable!!!! Also, I really liked reading about your Christmas book collection. I collect Christmas books too - probably started around the same time you did, but I also buy in paperback. I actually had to start an Excel sheet because I was duplicating them and Christmas CD's/DVD's. Now I carry it in my purse for quick reference. Do you use a system so you don't duplicate?

Annie -Hi, me again! I was wondering if at some point we might start a discussion about the book. I know that many of us (or at least me) are still reading. What if we started the discussion in August - maybe on the first day of our wrapping party? We could chat about if for the month and when the month ended - HELLO FALL!!!! I can't think of a better way to keep the CIJ cheer going. I want to defer to you though since this book read is all because of you.

Okay, I'm done. :0)

Last edited:

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Kim, I don't have a system with my books, but after this last purchase I realize I will need to put one together so I don't duplicate them. It can happen very easily. I have my favorite authors and would like to try and complete those collections.

I'm still reading the book as well and have given myself the entire month, so August would be perfect for me too!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I collect Christmas books too - probably started around the same time you did, but I also buy in paperback. I actually had to start an Excel sheet because I was duplicating them and Christmas CD's. Now I carry it in my purse for quick reference. Do you use a system so you don't duplicate?

Kim - I do this, too. I find it is very helpful especially off-season when you tend to find discounted holiday books, movies and CDs. I also keep a typed Wish List handy!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Colleen - A typed wish list! You are speaking my language!!! Love lists. Any lists. Especially anything that has to do with Christmas! Just as a heads up, after Christmas last year - maybe early January or maybe the week between Christmas and New Years, can't remember - Books a Million put all their Christmas books on clearance. Novels, humor, childrens, cook books - you name it, it was marked down. I made out like a bandit. I have it on my calendar for this year, too.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Kim-
Yes, I was wishing we could somehow do a chat about the book. That way, those that read it could discuss without ruinining it for those that haven't had a chance yet to read it or may be saving it to read at the Holidays.

Is there anyway to lock a thread? So, maybe those that read it could discuss?

Annie

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
CIJ Book

Finally...just picked up my book at the library...after months of waiting. Time to catch up now!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Yay, Foxpaw! Glad you got it!

Annie - I don't know about locking a thread but we could start a new one that says WARNING BOOK DISCUSSION - ENDING WILL BE REVEALED!!!! :0) What do you think about doing a discussion starting August 1?

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I for one like the idea for a discussion in Aug. Hope I can remember what I read! LOL

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I finished the book last night.

I have to say, I really enjoyed reading a Christmas book for Christmas in July.

Kim- Yes, I think we should start a discussion on the book for August 1st!

What a fun day August 1st will be- Book discussion AND Wrapping Party!

Annie

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I better get reading! I'm reading three books right now. Don't ask me why I do that, I don't really know. I'll put the other two away and focus on our CIJ book so I can be ready to discuss it. I have not looked but wonder if there is a book club guide somewhere out there. Off to read!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
One more week to read!

Then we'll do a chat or discussion of some type.

Kim- I'll look for a book club guide for it.

If not, I'll put my ex-teacher brain to use and come up with a few questions we can answer about the book. :)

Annie

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I found discussion/book club questions for the book!

I'll probably pick just a few to post.

Looking forward to Sunday!

Annie

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Thanks, Annie!!! I finished the book last night! Whoo Hoo! I'm looking forward to it.