CIJ - Day 11 - Monday - 7/11/11

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hello wonderful people!

Today..... I got an email from Pier One.... PREVIEWING their 2011 Christmas items. They did not have prices or descriptions...... it was more of an introduction to the Four Themes they have for this year. But there were luscious pictures of all kinds of new Christmas treasures! I love their things! (You can always order through their web site. AND.... they have the same sales on the web.... as in their stores.

There seem to be more and more signs that lots of people are thinking about Christmas..... in July!

Every time I think about this coming Christmas..... it becomes MORE about simplicity.... and setting "easier goals"..... and LESS about spending money and buying STUFF! (Children are ALWAYS the exception. It is pure JOY to give fun stuff to children! I'll always do a lot of that!!!!)

Now... how does that fit in with talking about Pier One's recent sales alert???? Well.... I always WAIT for the after-Chritmas sales at Pier One. They start at 50% off and go to 75% off. The last few things might go for 90% off! AND.... remember.... all the clearance things are on their web site. But..... I LOVE looking at the beautiful displays of beautiful items at their stores. It is a big treat for me to go there. And NOT buy anything..... well..... maybe a small candle.

Christms in July fun today...... reading posts, web sites and blogs!

Christms in July work today.... decluttering and simplifying the kjitchen..... so holiday meals/celebrations will go more smoothly in 2011!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
SN I love reading your thoughts, plan & action. When you were talking about shopping Pier One after Christmas sale it reminded me of something. I think today for CIJ I will pull my 2 small Christmas storage bins out & remind myself what is in them. I know there's some village pieces, socks, ribbon. ornament & money. I will have to see what else.

You might recall when the after Christmas sales ended I started putting a couple of dollars in there each time DH got paid. I believe there is $26 in it. Which doesn't seem like alot but to me when I consider it with the other things in there it's pretty good:)

And I love making things simplier:)

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Not sure what kind of fun i will get in today. I guess the usual housework stuff to help w/ keeping ontop of it. Then maybe I will leaf through the GBP Christmas cookbook I have.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I looked through the 2 small Christmas storage bins for CIJ. They contain:

9-ornaments
4- pr bootie socks
5-candles
3-Christmas village pieces
4-pks Christmas village accessories
1-box 24 ct Christmas cards
1-20 ct sm plastic gift bags
1-roll lg gold ribbin
$26 dollars

I know I have some ribbon around her somewhere as well as gift bags. So if I was to decide to give a village piece with accessories for a gift too, I have 21 Christmas gifts in 1 place. That's good to know.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Tricia that's a great start!
SN - you have so much Christmas spirit!

Today I posted on my blog again :) now I'm off to declutter the pantry... so I'll know what to purchase for the Christmas season!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I'm off to declutter the pantry... so I'll know what to purchase for the Christmas season!

Great idea! Got to work on that too. Today was a busy day preparing for our overnight guests tomorrow so not much CIJ celebrating here. Posted on my blog, watched Elf (catching up from yesterday) with my lunch (leftover Spicy Sausage and Potato Squares) and now that all the chores are done, I'm going to work on the quilted ball ornament.

Started a new thread about Hallmark Ornaments and got a little carried away (!!) with my journaling there!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I think I'm going to decorate my CIJ tree tonight. Still havne't done it and don't want to wait to long. I've got a new white tree to take out of the box, so I'm excited to see what it will look like.

Also just got done making a new Spicy Peanut Brittle recipe. I'll have photos and the recipe up on my blog later tonight.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Minnieco.... a whie tree for Christmas in July.... sounds great! Something different.... for a different celebration!

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
My blog features for this week are up for Christmas in July.... I am feature Lana blog and Ginger's blog. I had so much fun exploring their blogs to write up the features. Come over and check out what I wrote. Hope my grammar is good tonight.... hubby playing music in the family room and I kept getting distracted. :) (We are having heavy metal music fest).

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I got my recipe posted, so check it out on my blog. Yummers!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I just posted a couple of post on my blog...