CIJ Day 11- Put it On The Tree

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
2022 07 03 CIJ Banner (1).png

Hi all! On day 11 of CIJ, lets looks at fun food Christmas ornaments to put on the tree. Who knew this was so fun to do! I have seen a pickle on a tree, but wow, there's lots more foodie items to enjoy!

Food (1).png

Food (2).png

Sweet Treats!
Treat-Filled Cornucopias
This easy-to-make Christmas tree decoration doubles as a crowd-pleasing party favor for guests — or a welcome treat for "Santa."
https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/ho...47/christmas-tree-decorations-ideas/?slide=48

16 food ornaments that belong on your Christmas tree - Adorn your tree with your favorite eats—from a sparkly fried egg to a bedazzled can of Diet Coke.
https://www.timeout.com/usa/restaurants/food-ornaments-for-your-christmas-tree

I found an ornament to get DD30! The bottle of Ranch dressing! LOL This made me laugh out loud. My girl LOVES Ranch on pizza. She can't eat pizza without it! And she puts Ranch on everything else. I clicked on the link and wow, what a store!
https://oldworldchristmas.com/pages/about-us

Enjoy!

Attachments

• 2022 07 03 CIJ Banner (1).png
    4.8 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Not really a food item, but from and item that is used for food ... Years ago, DH and I vacationed in the Virgin Islands (in what would now be considered a VRBO), where sea urchins are abundant. Many people eat them, like conch, from what I understand (shellfish allergy here, so I won't be trying them), and the shells are left behind. Once dead, they loose their spines and leave behind a beautiful shell. We collected many, soaked them in bleach water overnight and let them dry on the outside deck table. When we were ready to come home, we wrapped them in paper towels and kleenex and packed them in Pringles cans and tucking them into our scuba mask cases. They traveled home safely and unscathed in our checked luggage. Once home, we'd slip them over our Christmas tree lights, adding a little sea life and vacation memories to our tree. Over the years they disintegrated and were discarded. Guess I need to find a way to get back to the Islands!

1657546083365.png

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Oh! I bet those were pretty!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I bet the sea urchins are beautiful! I have starfish and a sand dollar on our tree.

Food wise, we have a glass of wine, a can of Campbell chicken noodle soup and Campbell tomato soup. Not food but I do have a roll of toilet paper.

I try to stay away from Old World Christmas. I’ve bought way too many ornaments from them!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I have a starfish, sand dollar, and sea urchin for our tree. They are part of the things we picked up on our travels collection, they all came from a craft fair when we lived in Jacksonville, Florida.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Oh wow! So cool about the sea life items on your trees! I live in Florida ... and I don't have any of those! LOL

The toilet paper roll made me laugh out loud! I get it! HA

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Oh wow! So cool about the sea life items on your trees! I live in Florida ... and I don't have any of those! LOL

The toilet paper roll made me laugh out loud! I get it! HA
I think we all need a roll of toilet paper after 2020! I bought an ornament for my office - all six of us masked in Christmas pajamas with our names on the Santa hats the figures were wearing. Who knew that we would still be masked in 2021 and I could use it again? I'll have to buy a new unmasked one for this year.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I made Old Bay ornaments for my kids, nieces and nephews last year. It was a running joke in the family and it was fun to do. Another year I made springerle cookie ornaments for the kids.

Two times we decorated the tree with candy. That was so much fun. We made snowflakes out of popiscle sticks and then used egg whites to glue on Smarties candy. We did the same thing with gum drops. We also strung a tub of gum drop wreaths to make a garland. Candy canes hung from the branches as did gingerbread men. Bigger pieces of Santa- wrapped candy like you find in the Christmas candy section had ribbon hot glued to the foil and then they were hung on the branches. It was work but I would do it again.