CIJ - Day 17 - SUNDAY

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Today.... I have looked at some blogs.... written by "Minimalists". People who are trying to have "less stuff" in their lives.

When I go to their archives.... I see that they can be just as busy as everybody else during December. (Especially if they have children at home!) However..... they seem to be doing projects that are "used up". For example.... they are making "Reindeer Food" for Christmas Eve. Or they are having the children help them with "baking". Or.... they are putting melted wax on pine cones.... to make "firestarters" as Christmas gifts. That kind of thing.

There are so many refreshing ways to read about.... during Christms in July! (And.... reading on the web..... leaves us "no clutter"!!!!!)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I've been reading some blogs too.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Posted on my blog. SN, those blogs look super interesting.

Laney

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
St. Louis, MO
I went to the Hallmark Ornament event today, but went to a different store than I always have in the past. I was a little disappointed honestly! The store I have always gone to in the past made big deal of it - put up a tree, lights, cookies, cider, Christmas music, etc! This one just had up the displays and that was it. Quite bummed, but I guess any Christmas spirit in this heat is better than nothing!

I bought a couple of gifts, but that was it, nothing for myself. I just wasn't sold on any of the ornaments this year so far!

I also have been checking out some blogs and went to Michaels. They have the VERY first hints of Christmas crafts out! Yay - its on the way!

Have a merry CIJ!!!
~Laney

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
I actually went on a Christmas Food Coupon binge. I had coupons for Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk, Pretzel M&M's, Wrigley gum and Brach's assorted fall candies. I use alot of the sweetened condensed milk during the holidays for various treats. The gum and M&M's go into stockings. The Brach's candy will go into sheer fabric leaf favor pouches for my Thanksgiving table.

I also hit coupon payday at Target's and got all of the following for only $5.14.
Scotch brand full sized scissors
Scotch brand pop up tape in the dispenser
Scotch brand magic tape (3 roll package)
1 roll Scotch brand double stick tape
10 Red Bic ink pens
10 Black Bic ink pens

I think those will go nicely in my gift wrap center as well as the pop up hampers that I give each child on Present Opening Day.

Ohhhh, I also had my birthday luncheon at my in-laws and got a $150 cash towards my new Christmas tree and a full tank of gas. LOL
So there ya have my big Christmas day today. I'd say it was a very profitable Christmas day in July.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
After spending all day at a horse show, I had just enough energy to finish up The Christmas Wife movie, find a decorating tip and post a blog entry. I'm whacked...nightly night everyone!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
DGD & I took my netbook outside and set up our version of a drive in. We had a hot dog, chips and tea for treats. We went to you tube and searched for Christmas cartoons. It popped up a bunch including some by Disney. So we decide to watch 3 different ones. The first one I believe was called Daffy Duck Christmas. The second one was Pluto's Christmas tree. And the final one was Tom and Jerry's Christmas Eve Night Before Christmas

After church this morning we went to the Hallmark Premiere. I put almost $48 worth of ornaments in their lay-a-way. And I bought 2 keychains for earlier presents:)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Tricia - that must have been really fun - a drive-in at home :) Glad you & Ashley had fun.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
DS took a looong nap so I got some time to play with my Christmas CriCut cartridges and scrapbooking/stamping supplies.

To ease back into my long dormant crafting skills, I am starting out by making gift tags. I took "samples" from all my many rolls of wrapping paper last month and I am using them to remind me what colors and styles I have so my tags somewhat coordinate.

All my craft supplies have been packed away so long, everything is like new! I had some fun with a stamp of a dog in a Santa hat. I used photos for reference and colored the stamped images (I use Stampin' Up marker set) to look like each of our dogs. It turned out really cute!

I thought that I could either give DH gifts "from" the dogs with those tags OR tie them onto one of the gifts that goes in the dog stockings. So that it is kind of dangling out of the top. We'll see! :)

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Thanks Lucie it was fun altho, we were really exhausted from a full day LOL