CIJ Day 21- Put It Under the Tree

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Wrapping it up! Gift baskets and wrapping.

Gift Baskets
Gift baskets are a great way to wrap a number smaller gifts together especially if they follow a theme. Pick any theme that suits the recipient- movies, games, crafts, food, favorite animal, sport, or even a particular color.

Containers: It doesn’t have to be a basket. A box covered with Christmas paper or fabric works well. A container related to the items you are giving - Giving tools, use a tool box as a container.

Helpful hints: Gift baskets don’t have to be big. Consider buying multi packs of items and splitting between baskets. Shrink wrap from dollar tree works with a hair dryer. Look for fillers at thrift shops. Items such as kitchen towels, cloth napkins can be used as fillers too. Items can be wrapped and placed in baskets to add some mystery.

Gift basket suggestions:
Ten Things to NOT Put in Your Gift Baskets

10-diy-gorgeous-gift-basket-ideas-for-any-occasion

And for the men in your life -
12 Gift Basket Ideas FOR HIM | ⭐CHRISTMAS & MORE⭐ | Dollar Tree & Walmart

Everything is bought (or made) so let’s get wrapping.

Wrapping parties!
Wrapping party days are a great way to stay on top of your wrapping. Katrina will be posting the 2022 dates in September with her Rudolph Day post. Even if you can’t wrap on the posted days it still serves as a reminder it is time to start wrapping.

Organizing your space: Do you have plenty of paper, boxes, gift bags, fillers and tape depending on your wrapping style?

Thinking outside the “box”: Shop yard sales thrift shops for unusual containers, they can be part of the gift! Pillow cases make great gift bags. Things like tablecloths, scarves, and towels can be used as a wrapping for gifts.

Thinking ahead: Will you be wrapping unusual size gifts such as large bottles, odd shaped items, etc. Start looking for boxes now for those odd shaped items.

Unusual wrapping ideas:
Коробочка Сюрприз! Подарок на День Рождения своими руками! (Easy to follow video set to music)

25 Innovative Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas To Impress Everyone

Gift card wrapping ideas:
30 Fun Ideas for Wrapping Gift Cards to Try ASAP (That Everyone Will Love!)

Wrapping with fabric:
Ditch the Paper: Wrapping Gifts with Fabric Is Better for the Environment

Elegant wrapping:
Fan Style Gift Wrapping Tutorial
20 ELEGANT GIFT WRAPPING IDEAS EVERYONE WILL LOVE

Make your own paper:
DIY Wrapping Paper - Created easily with a printer

And last my favorite! Love this package topper:
Easy Snowman Gift Topper - Mer Mag

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Love these ideas!, Especially the link to the snowman gift topper! Just a hint (from experience) -- if you're giving a gift basket as a hostess gift and it includes items that need to be refrigerated, let the host/hostess know. Oftentimes, these gifts don't get opened until the next day. Gave a wine and cheese basket that included a dip/spread, requiring refrigeration. It was one I had prepared at a local specialty wine and cheese store, and thankfully they told me, so I could relay to the host (and he immediately opened the basket enough to pull that container out and get it in the refrigerator; the rest went under their Christmas tree).

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I have a stash of the decorative boxes that you can buy at craft stores. They look beautiful under the tree. I like to buy the ones that have a theme and usually come in three sizes, makes a really pretty tower.

Be inventive with your wrap - I once wrapped all of Vic's gift in the paper from Home Depot flyers. I used orange ribbon and he loved it!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I have a supply of those decorative boxes too. We’ve been re using them for years. They are great storage boxes too. I use them in my sewing room for storing my machine needle supply, pre wound bobbins etc. We reuse shirt boxes and tissue paper too. Once they start getting ratty I pitch them. I break them back down for easy storage.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have done DD a "pink"box this year. I have found all things pink, a hair turban, bed socks, lip stick, hair mask, face mask, bath bomb etc etc.
I had the box here for many years and decided that this would be a great way to reuse it.

A few weeks back I found a lovely striped tote at Target on clearance. It turned out to be a insulated lunch bag (should have bought more). I am filling it with items for Mum. Her favourite soft drink, some mango and passionfruit biscuits, a DVD, a chocolate bar or 2, some shower gel etc. It will be like a pamper pack and the bonus is she get to reuse the tote.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
There were some neat ideas in those links. One thing I noticed in the DIY Gorgeous Gift Basket link is the themed items were also grouped in a color scheme. I think that's what draws the eye to something nice.

I am not only an office supply store junkie but I also love storage containers. I think I have more storage containers than actual items to store. I've been trying to use the extras as basis of big gifts. Also, thrift stores sometimes have better prices on baskets. I also buy baskets from JoAnn Fabrics, Michael's and Hobby Lobby when they are on sale or with a coupon.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Love wrapping ideas!

I too reuse boxes until they are ratty. LOL

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
Great ideas!
I used to always make Christmas breakfast baskets for our siblings. As their families grew it got overwhelming but we are all empty nesters now so it might be time to bring the tradition back!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
@Cathymac2 That sound interesting ... like what would you put in them??

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I am not only an office supply store junkie but I also love storage containers. I think I have more storage containers than actual items to store. I've been trying to use the extras as basis of big gifts.
Oh, Mary - I am the same with office supplies and storage containers. I also try using them as gift boxes:)

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I also like to reuse all sorts of boxes - cereal, dog biscuit, file folders .....you get the idea.

Everyone expects that now but I once embarrassed DS at a secret Santa exchange when someone thought they had been gifted a box on Nurti-Grain bars instead of the gift card inside.