CIJ Day 26-Put it in Your Notebook

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday Grand Plan

MHH Member
Apr 2, 2022
Centralia, IL
Day 2- Printing and Preparing your Pages

Today we will focus on getting the printables ready. You can use the HGP pages or find other free printables on the web if you prefer a different design/set up. There are lots out there. Tomorrow we will focus on the other supplies we need to create your binder.

All of the Printables currently available for HGP are found at

Checklists (use the below blank calendar link for the calendars) https://organizedhome.com/christmas/holiday-grand-plan/calendar-checklist

https://christmas.organizedhome.com/printables/computer-fillable-pdf-planner-forms

Calendars- The calendars in the checklist link is not updated yet and may not be, so we have to make our own this year. Here is the link for the undated version. https://christmas.organizedhome.com/printable/calendars/undated-monthly-calendar

Use a colorful marker to write the room of the week on it.

Since Cynthia is retired, I recommend saving these as the new website isn’t up yet and I am not sure about how long they will remain available here. There is a plan in place to migrate everything to Wordpress to preserve it but that is not complete at this time.

Each HGP week starts on Sunday and runs until Saturday.

The Weeks of HGP are as follows:

Week 1- Front Porch/List Week

Week 2- Living Room/Question Week

Week 3-Entry/Foyer Week

Week 4- Master Bedroom Week

Week 5- Master Bathroom Week

Week 6-Kids Room Week

Week 7-Guest Room Week

Week 8-Kitchen Week

Week 9-Pantry Week

Week 10-Family Room Week

Week 11- Garage Week

Week 12-Attic/Storage Week

Week 13 – Dining Room Week

Week 14-Holiday Décor Week

Week 15-Finish Up Week

Week 16-Maintenance Week

Week 17- Celebrate Week

Week 18-New Years Week

Make it your Own

Have fun with your notebook! You can use plain paper or a holiday theme paper just do a test page to make sure the content prints well on the pattern you select. I don’t usually get that fancy and just print them on plain paper. I did put a fun gingerbread paper in the cover section of my notebook which makes me smile every time I see it.

This year I am making more scrapbook style dividers starting with my Checklist Divider Below.

Punch the holes or put the pages in plastic sleeves in your notebooks into their respective sections. Some sections will be empty for now, but we will add to the notebook as you decide what you are gifting and making for the holiday season. Week 1 is where we will make lots of lists which will end up filling our some of these sections

Time Blocks- Every week you will want to make 15 min a day to work on your rooms and I recommend ½ day on the weekend or more for bigger projects. If you are renovating any space of course this will take more time but the cleaning/decluttering part hopefully can be broken down into smaller time blocks. It really helps to set aside dedicated time to work on your Christmas planning and organizing. There is a lot that can be accomplished in a few minutes.

Calendars and Pre-Planning with Lists – In the first 2 weeks of the HGP you will do a lot of list making and planning out when you are doing certain activities. Sit down with your calendar early to block out time for those traditions you really want to be sure to fit in. Every year when my kids were little I’d host a Gingerbread house Decorating Party. So when I set up the calendar at the beginning of the HGP I would pick the date and put that item in first to be sure to get it on the plan right away. We also had a festival of trees in Early December so as soon as I knew the date it got calendared. Some things you won’t know until closer to the event but put in everything you do know right away. This will help you plan out when you need to start preparing for that event and add it to your lists.20220724_152325.jpg

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks! I used to have the same fabric for curtains as is behind your notebook ;)

I LOVE working on my 'BER' months calendar.. I include Fall prep, Halloween, Christmas, crafts, deep-cleaning in the basement, food to prep. .. etcc

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Oooooooo!! So many pretty lists! I LOVE lists! ;)