CIJ - Day 27 Put it in Your Notebook

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday Grand Plan

MHH Member
Apr 2, 2022
Centralia, IL
Assembling your Notebook- Gather Your Supplies

You can do an electronic version if you prefer. A task/list app like Cozi or even Google Tasks works well for this. I have mostly migrated to my Cozi app for many of the checklists for room cleaning but keep some items in a paper binder so I have a hybrid system. Some people really love paper though so the below instructions are for those who want a paper binder.

The first step to creating a Holiday Notebook is to gather a few supplies. You will want to have:

-Printable pages from the plan of your choice

-1-2” 3 ring Binder in whatever color you like. I have a white one but red or green would be fun (I just use a simple 3 ring binder with a plastic sleeve cover to put my printable cover page in

-Dividers with labels for each section- use a sharpie to label each tab

-Folders with pockets- to put in ideas as you come across them

-Plastic sleeves to put printout page in. You can also just punch the holes and not use the covers. I tend to use these for my holiday recipes so they don’t get food splatters on them

-Stickers – to decorate your pages if you like to use them

-Holiday themed papers to print on if you want to add that scrapbook feel to your notebook

- An assortment of pens- Gold, Silver, Green, Red, Black or whatever colors you like to use. Have fun with this!

Ideas for supplies for your notebook:

Dollar Tree- paper, ribbon, pens, flat ornaments, Christmas cards

Scrapbooking section of stores

Wrapping paper scraps

Sewing notions- ribbons, buttons, etc

Christmas Cards. Easy to cut out words and pictures and just paste with a glue stick

And the internet! Lots of printable options for papers and images out there

You can also use a small Day-Timer sized planner but I prefer the bigger pages. Make this your own and do what works for you. You can make it as simple or as fancy as you like. Even a spiral notebook would work and a folder with pockets.

After you assemble your supplies label the dividers. The sections of the notebook to make tabs for:

Calendar

Weekly Checklists

Lists

Christmas Gifts/Cards

Menus/Recipes

Receipts (I use a plastic sleeve with an envelope inside for this section)

Decorations (I put a section for ideas or ornaments I want to make)

Other- feel free to add as many tabs/sections as you like it’s your notebook

notebook pages.jpg

This is how I set up my pages for each week- with Cleaning tasks on the left and Holiday tasks on the right. I have an older version in my current notebook and plan to print new pages this year along with everyone

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I like a hybrid version. I like sitting and dreaming with paper and pen. Then I like to upload it to a spreadsheet to access on the cell when I'm out shopping.

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
I am the same. I love my planner, for when I am home, for dreaming and planning, but I have an app for budget & gift list, an app for fly lady and then I take photos of my pages for when I am out and about.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I love getting to see others' notebooks.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I'm still a print person and use my same notebook over and over again. I begin my Sunday morning with a review of the narrative, and planning out what needs to be done that week. For tasks that may require some outside work, I can plan according to the weather forecast, taking into account rain and temps. I do the same for menu planning and regular housecleaning. It's how my brain works, I guess, starting the week with a plan.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I am paper and pen mostly, but have a gift list on my phone.

@Holiday Grand Plan Wonderful organization!!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I'm a paper and pen person, too. I have a bound Christmas book I found years ago that I use, along with the printed off pages.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Paper and pen but am OK with putting an Amazon list on line.