CiJ day 3-Sunday

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
What do you have planed for today? Are you getting any Christmas fun in or is today a "real life" day for you?

I have some of the usual housework to do and am not sure what else I have planned. I would like to start thinking of my cards or something crafty.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hurray!!! It is Day 3 of Christmas in July!!!!! Piratemamaof3boys....... I am exactly where you are: there is A LOT of "real life stuff" that really must be attended to! AND.... I WANT to do CIJ things!!!!!! I guess I'll try to...... compromise!!!!!

I have lots of Christmas cards..... all ready to address. I could even put "forever stamps" on them..... and they would be ready to mail.... on December 1st!!!! (For those who don't live in the USA..... you buy the "forever" first class stamps at today's cost per stamp..... and they are good "forever".) Well..... I'll think about it.

So far, this Christmas in July..... I have LOVED doing the readings of blogs and posts and links to great spots on the web!

At the brunch yeterday, there came a quiet moment.... when the three boys, their dad, and most of the other people.... were outside. Dd, ddil#2 and I were sitting together quietly.... and dd asked what plans each of us had for this holiday weekend. (Dd is going to the beach). I briefly told them about our Christmas in July celebrations. They both thought it sounded lovely. I told them that out emphasis was NOT on buying stuff..... but on enhancing the wonderful feelings of peace and joy that we have at Christmas. I was proud to say I was spending my time celebrating here, with all of you! We definiely share something wonderful here!

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
Yesterday was a real life day for me (somewhat of a family day). We had plans to go shopping and I wanted to get some stocking stuffers. We ended up staying home :(
I tried to work on my homemade Christmas cards and they ended up flopping. I think I will buy them this year.

I am hoping today will be a more productive day CIJ wise. I still need to finish my table runner (should have done that yesterday).

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
Today, I am going to start to put together a play list of songs for different Christmas activities. One will be for decorating the tree. I notice when we have lively fun music everyone has a great time and the tree goes up quickly. At the same time, I need to put together a play list of more traditional, soft and lighter Christmas music for Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas day. It should be interesting to see what I can put together!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Nothing Christmasy for me today.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Posted some stuff on my blog. Not sure if I can fit more Christmas fun in.

christmasrocks

MHH Member
May 30, 2008
Scotland
I'm going to start off with a movie. Nightmare Before Christmas, I think.

Not sure what else I'll do yet.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Lucie, I want one of those reindeer toilet seat covers. lol Also found a Hanging Santa (hangs from the gutter looking like Santa is holding on).

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Heading out to get some glue to finish up my felt mistletoe ornament and watching two Christmas movies today. Kind of humid out and DD is off to spend the afternoon with friends so it's just me and my CIJ activities this afternoon.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I posted some recipes on my blog EARLY this morning:) I'm watching DD & DGD play the game of life on the WII right now as I surf the web. We went to church this morning & plan to go again tonight. Not sure what other Christmas stuff we'll do today yet...

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I've been debating a recipe to cook later. I'm alone tonight, so I should be able to get one Christmas movie in. Now for decisions!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I posted on my blog and that was about it really for me. I still have not updated my ipod from the other day. I am working on my smashbook from our Disney trip. Not christmas but crafty. I'll try to think of one more thing b/c I know I won't be doing any tomorrow.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I ended up making Rum Raisin Muffins. You can see the photos and recipe on my blog.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Michelle, couldn't post on your blog, but wanted to say those muffins sure do look good! I just might have to try these - they are pretty festive with the rum in there :)

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Lucie, they taste pretty good. Kind of sweet, so one goes far, but good!