CIJ Day 5

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Updated my blog today. New recipe (a christmas wreath), a craft (mini-lonjohns & poem) & a joke.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Thank you for the fun blog entries, luludou!!!! You have the spirit!!!!

Day 5 of CIJ -- I am reminded that CIJ -- AND Christmas -- come ALONG WITH "real life". We do not get a pass.... out of real life.... into "magic time". The "magic" comes right along with the rest of life! AND.... the better prepared for "real life" we are........ the more we get to enjoy"the magic". IMHO!

Yesterday.... the electricity going out for a few hours..... reminded me that if I don't pay those bills....... "real life" is going to be a lot less comfortable.

TODAY.... I am really reminded of "real life"! DD's family is going on a vacation trip beginning tomorrow night. Dd has asked dh and I....... to take all 3 boys....... this afternoon and evening....... and then again tomorrow morning....... so that she and dsil can take care of some of their very pressing "real life" issues. Such as: finishing up work projects and making arrangements to be away!!!!! Looking through paperwork and bills and taking care of pressing matters. Filling prescriptions... then packing medicines and sunscreen and clothing and..........for five people. Arranging for care of the dog.

This is a challenge for dh and I. The older boys (9 and 10) are fabulously easy and delightful. The 18-month old tries as hard as he can to have all the physical and intellectual activity of his older brothers... PLUS enjoy all the hair-raising fun of an 18-month old. Keeping all three safe and happy for hours and hours is a challenge for anyone!

AT LEASt... I can devote all my energy and attention to them! And NOT be thinking/worrying about undone Christmas things.

So.. I will try to use this event to help me prepare as much as I can for Christmas.... while we have this time/incentive of Christmas In July! TOGETHER! Inspiring each other!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I have not done much for CIJ yet this month.

I am listening to Christmas music on my phone today though! :)

And I did place an order for some Baby Einstein dvds for DS this year! Although I think the Baby Santa DVD will get played as soon as it arrives and many times in between now and Christmas! lol

I have to get DS prepped! :)

Will try to work on master lists during the evenings this week!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Just had a thought! Does anyone remember seeing advertisements for a product that was for babies to do coloring/art work with?

Was it by Crayola?

I'd like to look into getting that so I can secretly have DS make some creations to frame for DH and DMIL for Christmas - but I can't remember what it was called!

Maybe DS isn't old enough too... hmmmm...

If anyone knows what the heck I am yammering about, just shout it out! :)

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm on a roll...Updated CIJ blog, day 5. Now if I can get my mini tree out today, I'll be on a roll!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
AuntJamelle- Are you talking about the crayons that are big and shaped like animals and such? They are easily gripped by little hands. I used to have a pack and I got them at Walmart.

I have done nothing for CIJ yet this year, things have just been too crazy. I really should think of something Christmasy to do.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I'm back...finally! We've been visiting my inlaws and I haven't been able to get on a computer! I did some CiJ shopping the other day with my SIL...I bought one gift (placemats and matching napkins for a friend) and several stocking stuffers. Yay!

I am listening to Christmas music on my iPod with headphones since the inlaws would have me committed if they heard it...reminds me of a class on opera that I took with my dad a few years ago...they said when it comes to the opera, there are people who are "washed" and those who are "unwashed"...those who get it and those who don't! I guess that makes all of us SQUEEKY CLEAN! LOL!

SparkleNana - what a wonderful gift to give your daughter and SIL...time to prepare for their trip without worrying about the kiddies! I can't think of anything better for busy parents! Hang in there...I know from my two that it can feel like you've been run over by a Mack truck sometimes!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Updated my blog today. New recipe (a christmas wreath), a craft (mini-lonjohns & poem) & a joke.

Lucie - I am just catching up on the posts from earlier in the week...love your blog as usual. The Santa cheese ball is saved! My DS (almost 5) is still laughing at the jokes...especially the one about the snowman and vampire! Thanks for sharing!!!

Happy Christmas in July!
Colleen

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks Colleen! It's fun to know people are looking at my blog.