CIJ - Do you Decorate?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Christmas in July is about a week away. Every July I put a little Christmas tree out on my desk at work. It makes me happy and it makes my co-workers roll their eyes. Secretly I believe it makes them worry a bit about all they have yet to do! :0)

Do you decorate or do anything else special to celebrate Christmas in July?

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
This is new for me but I plan on pulling out my small white fiber optic tree (or the elves will) one day during CIJ. Might just be for 7/25 but not sure yet.

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
Our elves left their very small fiber optic tree for the kids the first year they were here. We sometimes put it on our kitchen island. I'm also planning on floating my large foam snowflakes in the pool. I have a digital Christmas countdown sign that is shaped like a present that sits above my computer armoire. I may bring this into the family room for the month. I am contemplating making 2 or 3 of these in light blue and red but use a beach ball and place them on the patio off the kitchen. http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/playground-ball-ornaments-669440/
I may put a pool noodle candy cane somewhere too.
:elf:

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
I forgot to add that I have had a glittery snowflake hanging from my ceiling fan pull since Christmas. I love watching it blow around when it is 90+ degrees outside. So far, no one else has even noticed it is still there (or at least said anything :D) That is staying up too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We probably won't decorate so much. We will have the fire on, and I will have the table decorated nicely for our CIJ dinner. I will most likely put the christmas crafts I have been working on around the house. I have pulled out all my Christmas music and will have Merry Christmas Radio on in the background as well.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Nope - people around here would think it strange... but I will put my cristmas screensaver on at the office!

Jinglemom love those beach ball ornaments! Have to show mom these! She'll love it!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I probably won't. I might have the kids make some type of craft to display somewhere or something, but I don't even know where anything I would want out is right now with the move.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'll put my little tree up in the dining room and will decorate a bit for my CIJ party, but I bought things at CHristmas time that are a mint green and pink theme, so it will look summery as well.