Class Reunion

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
This year is our 10th class reunion--and our class president etc. have really dropped the ball. Most wanting to be remembered as they were. (Which if you knew them, wasn't that great in Highschool.) A group of us have decided that we WANT to get together in a little over a month and could really use some inexpensive ideas. Thought we could get together and grill or have a bonfire, just keeping it simple. News about this will be spread through word of mouth. Please share any ideas you may have.... THANKYOU!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Creativemom - one class reunion I attended was at a restaurant that always had a great "happy hour" on Friday nights. Very reasonable drinks and food -- and plenty of space. They set aside a big area for the class. That way, nobody had to pay for things - everyone paid for their own.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I think you have the right idea. Keep it simple. Just enjoy the get together.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I've got 3 weeks till my 20th and it's pretty pricey at $100.00 a piece. They aren't pricing it out by each night, so that's a bummer. It's a whole package deal for all 3 days of events, including dinner. It's really not that much considering, but when you add your DH, $200.0 seems pricey.

welshbabe

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
I did one last year - our first in over 30 years - when we all turned 50 (well 51 actually!).

Hardest part was finding all the contact numbers. I booked a restaurant who did a simple buffet - and we charged everyone £5 (about $10) - we also held a room raffle and I put 1970s sweets in dishes on the tables.

Started a blog to record pics etc.

Had a cake done with a photo of school badge on it - plus laminated the school badge to go on the tables in stands and made a banner with 'class of 76' and school badge on - plus put up some old group pics I had.

The blog still up at http://www.whitlandreunion.blogspot.com

Nerveracking the night before as we'd not seen many for 30yrs! However went off great and I'm doing another next yr.

No one really cares about the food etc - just have a good time!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Minnieco - my husbands'latest reunion was REALLY pricey too! But - a couple of years later, I am really glad that we went. And it was HIS reunion! Remember - there are plenty of spouses there - for when your spouse gets tired of the "remembering". And all the spouses who do go tend to be "good sports" and nice people. If there is ANY way you can go, I really recommend it! Although I agree -- I wish they could be much more reasonable!

welshbabe

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
We decided not to bother with spouses! Thought they'd only get bored wiht the reminising - and it wasn't really for them anyway!

Two came as they were driving but it was nice not to have all the extra people and just be us old classmates.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I can do it sparkle, I guess I"m sort of making excuses...maybe a bit nervous too. :confused: