Clean and organized jump into 2012

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
Do you remember - this was my posting last year after christmas - how we jump clean and organized into 2012. I would like to start again... :)

Christmas is nearly over and we jump into a new year. Time for action! I have created a kind of plan for cleaning up in January. I plan to start during last week of December 2011/first week of January 2012 with a planning week. You can vary in duration and order of these “weeks” as needed for you! I would be more than happy if you join in and we write our progress and updates here!

Planning week:
Take a calendar for 2012 and enter as follows:
- Birthdays
- Vacations
- Already known family events
- All other important activities for you, your kids, family, friends etc

“Put away Christmas 2011 week”
- put down and store all Christmas decoration; don’t forget to label boxes!
- declutter Christmas decoration
- write down what needs to be replaced
- think about Christmas 2011: what went fine/what not and write it down for 2012
- Declutter and put away your supplies for Christmas card making and gift wrapping as well; write down any replacements
- Declutter your crafts corner as well. Think about unfinished Christmas projects: either you schedule a date for finishing or put it away
- Start a Christmas Notebook 2012

Kitchen week:
During past weeks you were very busy in your kitchen: cookie making, preparing festive dinners, etc. Time for cleaning up!
- clean and put away all Christmas related supplies
- declutter your Christmas supplies, as eg not used cookie cutters, etc
- stock up your inventory

Children room week:
Your kids got many new toys – time to declutter and make space for the new ones! Sort out those which are not needed anymore or broken.

Foyer, Dining room & Bathroom week:
Many visitors came into your home during last weeks.
- Clean up
- Declutter and replace broken items
- Bathroom: check soaps and toilet tissues – buy new if needed

Bedroom week:
During last weeks you had many things to do and a lot of stress! Make it comfortable here for relaxing, eg with a reading corner, candles or perfumed candles! Clean up here as well, if needed!
If you received new clothes or vouchers for new clothes, don’t forget to declutter your wardrobe! So you have enough space for new ones

“What I haven’t finished during HGP 2011” week:
As I haven’t finished HGP 2011 completely, I will finish all smaller tasks if still needed

Hope to hear from you in this topic!

Chilli

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I was just looking at my printout of last year's just yesterday! Count me in!

Merry Christmas

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
Rocky Mountains
This is PERFECT!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Started ...

I took down decorations from the kitchen yesterday ... didn't put away ... it's all on my kitchen table! LOL

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
All signs of Christmas are gone! I didn't need to declutter my decorations as I did that before moving; supplies are all put away also and my Christmas notebook is ready to go for 2012!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Feeling pretty good about my New Year progress so far! :)

All the Christmas decor is put away. I did not, however, label the boxes. Honestly, there is going to need to be a day or two scheduled off work at some point this year to pull it all out - sort through what I don't use and don't want so I can donate it - and then I will pack up what is left and label the boxes/totes.

Until that day though, everything is out of sight in the storage areas! lol

I've gone through DS's dresser and closet - taking out items too small/too young for him and will drop off at Goodwill this week. DS's closet is looking fantastic right now! So neat and tidy!

I reorganized the office closet this weekend too. DH recently built us a new bed with storage drawers underneath and I was able to move alot of misc. sheet, duvet, etc. storage out of the office closet into our bedroom. LOVE the extra storage space!!!

Need to think about birthdays now!!! My best friends twins have one at the end of this month and DS is about a week after that. So much to DO!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
DH and I have been going through movies and throwing out a lot of OLD videos of recorded shows we wanted to watch or that our kids liked when they were little - way back when PBS was about the only channel with kid shows. (They're 26, 19, and 14 now!) It feels good to let go of some of that clutter.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Yea!

Sounds like everyone is making great progress. I did finally get decorations off my table and into boxes and put away in closet. Tree down too. DS8 said, "Oh ... this is sad."
:clothes:

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
Last week I got all the inside decorations put away and organized. I put out a little tree with snowflakes along with my snowmen for my snow theme in January. Still need to take down the outside decorations, that will hopefully be Saturday.
This week has been about getting my paperwork organized, cleaned my desk yesterday, need to go through my farm books today, want to have it all ready for the accountant when my DH W-2 gets here. Next week moving on to cleaning and organizing each room, hoping to keep up with one a week, we will see...my rooms are mostly organized, just need to clean, deep dust, wash curtains and windows, but I have a ton of stuff so it takes forever!!!! But not quite ready to become a minimalist either LOL!!!

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
Week 1--Tax prep, Done!!

Week2--Craft room cleaned, Done!!

Week 3--Hallway & Bathroom, almost done...

Look at me go, lol, hope I can keep it up, this is happening while I watch my year old nephew 3 days a week and have 2 kids playing basketball and my husband working overtime with all the snow we have been getting. I just need to keep the momentum, it is so easily lost...