Cleaning Check-Lists per Room

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

NoTime

Retire Member
Oct 28, 2007
I am wondering if anyone knows where I could find a check list of each room that I can check off as I get it done. I work full time, plus outside activites running with kids etc, doesn't leave me a lot of time and I am thinking a check list will show me how much progress I am making and if I can't finish, I will know what is left to do. I have done a search on the web but can't seem to find anything. Thanks

Tasha

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Arkansas
If you go to Flylady.net she has detailed cleaning lists for each room. They are very useful when starting out.

S

sousfu

There should also be a room-by-room list on OrganizedChristmas.com, under the Spring Cleaning Grand Plan - try here: http://organizedhome.com/cleaning-grand-plan .

It's more of a free-form list, but helpful in getting one to look at your own house and what is needed for you. A couple other things I have found helpful are to 1) look at each room top to bottom, and clockwise, and write down what needs to be done, then to sort the list into daily, weekly, monthly & annual categories; and 2) keep the annual list in a MS-Word doc., so that I can tweak it & keep the info. year-to-year. I did those when my situation was similar to yours, and while I found I never got to finish a particular room, by keeping track of it, I would eventually get to it - not as often as I would like, but having the list also made it easier to enlist family help.

Hope that helps!

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I also used the OH room by room cleaning list, but tweaked it for myself. Making up my own master list for each area of the house and keeping it in a file on my computer allows me to print it out as I need it and change it as my needs change.

I too never get through the whole list for each room, but I pick up where I left off the next time I get to that room.

NoTime

Retire Member
Oct 28, 2007
Thanks alot for the reponses. I think I will do the same, do an inventory of each room and what I want to do to it and keep it on a file so I can keep adding to it.

You guys are the best!!!! :heartsNY:

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
The Jumstart January plan is based on the Holiday Grand Plan and you can find the cleaning lists here...

holidaygrandplan.com

HTH
Ramona

I also incorperated Flylady and OH as well. A few here a few there and what those didn't have I added and got from somewhere else. Go to flylady and on left side you'll see Fly Zone click on it and scroll down till you see Printable detailed Flying lists 1-5 in adobe reader. If you don't click on that you wont get the entire 1-5 all at once. I know it doesnt have all the rooms some of us have(like me) but it sure helps in making that list complete. Between the two main ones and a few others I've gotten a great list for my own home.