Cleaning the oven window

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
Cleaning the oven and glass is still on my to do list before Thanksgiving. I will definitely try this! I have a couple spots on the bottom of the oven. I think I'll see if it works there too. Thanks Lucie :)

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
my stove is very old and I am sure never cleaned. So... I will def. try this on the door. And free to boot!

Bren

Retire Member
Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
I am laughing so hard right now. I saw this post & thought, "Hmmm, wonder how dirty my oven window is?" and went to check it. My oven doesn't have a window! Oh my. Aren't I observant. lol. In my defense it does have a black glass "window" on the outside, but the inside is solid metal. One less thing to worry about. Just need to get out a Brillo pad to scrub it all.

Bren

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
LOL, Bren.

My oven door does need a little attention. Thanks, Lucie.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
How do you clean inside the door? I have a glass window - but it is between the exterior glass and the inside that seems to have drips?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Oh my goodness, I am taking off my oven door this weekend. Hopefully I can clean between the two pieces of glass as 'the Bomb' suggests. Thank Bren for the link and thanks Lucie for posting the first one. The grease between the glass has been driving me nuts.

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
Oh cool. I have two drips in between the glass, too. They bug me, so I always hang a dish towel in front of them. LOL Now, I will have to try to clean in between the class. As a bonus maybe I'll finally find the diamond that was pried out of its setting a couple of years ago when I was opening the oven door. It went through the vents on the door and somewhere down inside...we did take apart the door at the time, but we never found it.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I do hope you find your diamond when you clean the oven door. Shake that door like crazy.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
These suggestions really do work. That silly drip is out from between the glass in the door. I'm happy. In my oven I found three pieces of glass when I looked into those slots in the bottom of the door. I put the door on my island counter with a towel underneath. It worked just fine.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Wow!

Ok, I'm cleaning my oven window 'cuz ... boy does it need it! LOL

:elf:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I may have to clean the inside. I plan on baking three packages of bacon in the next few days. It might be a mess after that......

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I may have to clean the inside. I plan on baking three packages of bacon in the next few days. It might be a mess after that......
Ack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
It didn't do a great job on mine. It sat for a while then I even put some vinegar on it for the chemical reaction and it helped a little but still nasty. Plus now I have more baking soda on there. LOL It's a mess but then again I am like that when I clean any way. I just need a new stove but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Thanks for posting this Luludou! I've been wanting to clean that glass by cranking the heat to the "Clean" setting but I know that is going to stink up the house so I'd really rather do that in the Spring when I can open a window! And I have ton of baking soda! Perfect!

Edit: And if anyone needs help cleaning a "woodstove" glass. DH swears by rubbing alcohol! (When the fire is COMPLETELY out).

Last edited: