Color Binder Set for Recipes

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Check this out! I just found this nice little set of binders on Amazon. I actually keep all of my recipes digital now for myself and my family but particularly on Christmas and Thanksgiving I do PRINT every single holiday recipe cuz the kitchen gets so messy.. Just works better for me. I then scribble changes and go back later and update the digital versions. Well this year those papers kept walking away with multiple cooks in the kitchen so I''ve decided to put them in a dedicated binder by holiday. Color coded orange for Thanksgiving and Red for Christmas. Then I found these! If you look there is actually a color for EVERY holiday if you wanted to do that! :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
What a great idea. They would also make a great gift for a cook in the family. I think this is fabulous.

Reactions: Lori K and halimer

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I've just pulled all of my holiday baking recipes out of my regular recipe bind. I should probably put them in a separate binder because most of them I only use once a year. I've already put together a binder of recipes that I use constantly.

Overall good idea!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
That's a great idea for color coding by holiday. I've done the binder color coding but never thought of doing that for the holiday recipes.

I do have a digital version of my holiday recipes and a printed one in one big binder. I keep the printed recipes in page protectors aka sheet protectors. I write any recipe changes on note paper and slip it on top of the recipes in the page protectors until I can do a digital update. I also keep my printed Thanksgiving Food Prep and Christmas Food Prep timelines there with notes until I can update the digital version.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Consider adding plastic inserts for each of your recipes. That way they can be wiped clean for messy splatters and spills.

Reactions: halimer

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Consider adding plastic inserts for each of your recipes. That way they can be wiped clean for messy splatters and spills.
And when the page protectors get too dirty you can get new ones:)

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
With the sheet protectors, you can also make your notes on them using dry erase markers and then transfer them to the hard copy for future reference. DD does this.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I was thinking about this last night. I am tempted to get something like this and make them my seasonal binders. Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul