Coming Soon: Christmas in July Cook Off....

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Here's a little sneak peek at one of our Christmas in July events....we will have a Christmas in July Cook Off and each week will have a different focus....during the weeks we will share and do reviews on different recipes ...

Week One: Appetizers

Week Two: Breakfast Entree

Week Three: Desserts or Cookies

Week Four: Food Gifts or Gifts in a Jar recipes

So get out your recipes ladies (and gentlemen) and pick out your selections to share.......PLEASE do not post your recipes etc...NOW....wait until the focus week when July gets here!!! Just giving you a chance to gather them and perhaps buy ingredients ahead of time!

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
This sounds like a lot of fun. Can't wait.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
This will be fun. I hope I can learn some new jar recipes!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Sounds good. I've been looking for different recipes and toppings for big juicy burgers.

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
This is very exciting! I've got a few recipes I've picked up over the last few months that I'm anxious to share!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I am looking forward to this! My girlfriends and I always test at least some cookie recipes on CIJ - but we like to test breakfast and drink receipes too usually.

I need to start thinking about what I want to try and plan to have supplies on hand!

Can't wait!

:smilegifts:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Do you have your recipes ready ladies?

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
getting there, have a list for a thing or 2 in the first 2 categories

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Just wondering what the "rules" are?

Do these need to be recipes we've created ourselves? Or can they be receipes from a cookbook, which we want to test before putting them in a menu plan?

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
The rules are as follows:

1. Any recipe is fine...one invented, cookbook, online whatever.

2. Post your recipe here...early in the week...so others may try it if they choose to.

3. Make your recipe and post your review and ranking here in this thread. (no points for own reviews but you may encourage others to try your recipe) If you made your dish early you can post your review at beginning of week.

4. If others try recipes please post review and ranking. (points may be awarded for outstanding reviews from others)

5. I will create a poll thread for the week and people will vote on the favorite recipe. The poll winners will each receive points based on place in poll.

6. Each week of the Cook Off a winner will be announced. A small prize will be sent to the winner.

Hope this helps!!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
BUMP....just reminding you....get ready for some cooking!!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Ladies...I am going to open Week ONE Appetizers thread for posting...early...now before I leave for Mexico....here is what I suggest:

Post your entry (recipe) but nothing else at this point...that way if others want to try your recipe during week one they can get the ingredients.

During the ACTUAL WEEK ONE: July 4-10...make your appetizers and post comments etc in the week one thread......at the end of the week...I'll put up rating scales...or a poll or something....hmmmm in another thread...