Confession - Santa's Villiage up!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

campncook

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
south Texas
Well, I broke down this afternoon and put up my Santa's Village and a 4 ft tree...didn't decorate the tree though, only lights...
Confession - decorations are in other storage bins and not in the 5 storage bins of Santa's Village houses!
I will begin putting something more up each day - everyone LOVES my house and always counts the trees...
My DH even LOVES the decorating that I do each year! He is my own personal Santa! :skate:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Good for you!! You can never start decorating too early!!

:snowman: Melanie

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Excited for you, campncook!

Wish my DH seemed to like it when we decorate! On some level, he must enjoy it since he does all the outside lights/planning himself.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I'm tempted to start putting things up but am holding off til after Thanksgiving. I have all of my ornaments in boxes laid out all over my sofa. I spent the day sorting them because last year I just placed all of them in one large tote. Surprisingly none of them broke.

I've been staring at the two 3ft trees in my guest bedroom for a couple of days and have thought of decorating the one that will go in that room. I know if I do that then by the time I'm finished that whole room will be done. :haha:

coffeenut

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 10, 2007
Spartan Country-mi
confesion time for me too :haha: I decorated the tree in my bedroom next to the computer. I have clear lights, red and white balls. I put greenery along the shelf with pincecones attached. I have my new Santas under the tree. I love the red and white.
:sleigh:
so far that is all I have done. :grin:

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
Sounds great!

Last year I sat my village up the week before Thanksgiving b/c I had family in town that would not be there for Christmas and they wanted to see how I sat my village up.

I think it's great your home is getting decorated.

I take a walk every night and it's been fun to watch homes light up with Christmas lights. I LOVE this time of the year!

:sleigh:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
My sister in law has her entire house decorated-upstairs and down! She even has her 10' tree in the front window!

I'm not going to put it up until after Thanksgiving...I'm not...I'm not...I'm not.....but I really want to !!!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
My bestfriend called me to tell me that she has decorated her entire livingroom (minus the tree) and part of the diningroom. She and her 8 year old son were up at 1 in the morning putting up decorations.

She has a huge mirrored mantle from hearth to ceiling. I just love it. She was telling me how her mantle looked even better than last year but as she was pluging in the last strand of lights all the bulbs went out. She couldn't get them to work again and therefore had to take all the decorations apart to remove the lights.

Unfortunately she did not get to take a picture and now she's upset because she thinks she won't be able to get the mantle to look like that again.

I spent half an hour trying to comfort. She was really upset. :rotflol:

campncook

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
south Texas
This morning before I went to work my DH went to the barn and asked which boxes need to come down - I said ALL OF THEM! I think he is ready to finish now that I have the houses up! Ha-ha-ha-ha! I love my DH, he is my personal Santa! :haha:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Today while I was at work my two boys and youngest dd decided to help out since I keep talking about starting the christmas village. Since I have inherted it from my gram all pieces from 1912 to 1993 alot of them are very old. They did great they took all the totes out of the attic (which you get in thru my girls bedroom closet) and started upwrapping pieces putting them on the kitchen table. They couldn't find the quilt batting but they put all the boxes where they belonged they couldn't move the tv so they moved the couch. My villiage takes up one whole wall of the livingroom. I was so suprised when I got home. If they could have found the batting they would have probley had started putting together. I put it the same way my gram used too, not that I need them nor do the kids but there are pictures where everything goes in one of the totes. So tomorrow we are going to start working on getting it set up

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Sounds like you have great kiddos! It's great that they want to help with the village...my kids want to also, but unfortunately, their help is not that helpful! LOL! Still, I have small villages that came from the dollar store that I let them put up. We even have put one in their room, between the two panes in the window. I put it here when they were very small so that they could see it but not chew on it! Now they just like the way it looks. I'm not sure if they will want one this year or not.