Cookie Exchange

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
This is the best website I have found for information about hosting a cookie exchange.

http://www.robinsweb.com/cookies/index.html

Have you ever hosted a cookie exchange?
:skate:

If so, can you share some information about your party?
1. Did you have a theme? If so, what was it?
2. Did you serve appetizers? If so, what did you serve?
3. Did you play games? If so, what games did you play?
4. Did you give away prizes or awards? If so, what did you give the prizes for? (ie: most festive dress, best cookie)
5. Is there anything that you would change or do differently if you hosted another cookie exchange?

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I had a cookie exchange last year. There was no particular theme and I had no rules about cookies.
I gave away a prize for the best holiday attire and it was voted upon by the guests. I gave away a handmade Christmas bag and inside it was an ornament and candy and other small things.
We also played Christmas trivia. I had Christmas music playing softly in the background.
I provided appetizers and drinks. Nothing big. It was very relaxed.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Yes I have hosted and attended several.

1. Did you have a theme? If so, what was it?
No theme.

2. Did you serve appetizers? If so, what did you serve?
I did serve some. I had a veggie tray with dip, sourdough loaf with spiniach dip, Tex-Mex dip with chips and cheese balls with crackers. Also a sparkling punch, coffee and tea.

3. Did you play games? If so, what games did you play?
No games, just lots of eating, soft Christmas music and talking!

4. Did you give away prizes or awards? If so, what did you give the prizes for? (ie: most festive dress, best cookie)
No prizes or awards. I did have Christmas cards for each and a truffle in a decorative box.

5. Is there anything that you would change or do differently if you hosted another cookie exchange?
Earlier in the day, maybe just after lunch.

I provided xtra containers to take home treats in ~ just in case. The guidelines I used was 1/2 dozen cookies for each guest, and a dozen to share at the event. So if there was 10 guests, the person would bring a dozen to share - and 10 packages of 6 cookies each (5 dozen) to gift. :smile:

coffeenut

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 10, 2007
Spartan Country-mi
I am planning a cookie exchange for the first weekend in December. I am combining it with a brunch. Although I have also thought of having a tea.

My theme is going to be Victorian.
Each guest will bring 7 dozen cookies and will take home 7 doz.
I will have games. I am following some of Robins ideas. from Robin's Web :globe:
On OC someone had posteds about having awards. I may do that.

CrazyMomto5

MHH Member
Oct 26, 2007
Orange County, NY
I am thinking about having a Cookie Exchange this year. I put the idea out to about 1 people and only 3 have said they "may" be interested. i am not sure if I will follow thru. May have the kids invite their friends over instead and just let them bake for the afternoon. Not quite the same, but I am sure my girls would love it. Guess I will have to think on it some more.
karen