CopyRight and Board Posting

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I just wanted to take a mintue today to explain a bit about copyright and the boards. For those of you from OC....you may remember CEO's advice and rule: LINKS are okay....even a sentence or two to peek interest....but please do not copy and paste information from other websites or even printed media. These are clear copyright violations and even citing the source is not enough to satisfy the copyright guidelines.

So describing what is at another site in your own words and then linking to the site for more info is OKAY
A sentence or two from the other site with a LINK is OKAY....add something like "For more information click the link above or below"

Copying and pasting information from another site is NOT OKAY...even a blog!

Recipes are sort of a gray area....if they have been around for ages and may be considered "public domain" then they are probably fine. If you have altered the recipe, put it in your own words, or it is an old family favorite...then it is most likely okay. But even with recipes it is important to be cautious and not copy things word for word from another site.

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
Goodness! I am guilty of this! I didn't know! Thanks for the info and I will alter my postings accordingly!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks for the reminder Ginger! I'll try to be more careful.

CEO

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2007
Just want to second that by being fair--and careful--when we share other people's work, our community can save Ginger from a world of worry.

Just ask one who got those takedown notices very, very regularly. They're never any fun for anyone involved.

CEO