~~~ Countdown to Halloween 2021 ~~~

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I got a couple of boxes of fruit snacks (45 individual packs in each box) at Aldi yesterday. Should be plenty for the neighborhood kids. And I bought a container of chocolate covered salted caramel squares for me, LOL!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I bought a box of chips (45) and 1 of chocolate (125)... I need more
Thanks for the idea of giving out chips over candy. Rather have them be leftovers than candy. We are always iffy here when it comes to Halloween. I should make some up for my Sunday School class. Wonder if I could dress up a bag of chips to look like a Scarecrow?

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
~~~ 25 days till Halloween ~~~

Now isn't that Spooktacular
Yes! And I'm with you... I am not buying candy until it gets closer to Halloween. We're going to get a smaller bag this year. We don't get many trick or treaters down our street anymore. The kids on our street have pretty much aged out and we are at the end of a street so kids from other streets don't walk down that far.

My high school freshman asked about having friends over on Halloween. They want to go out for candy. I thought we were done last year. I guess not...

The school also lets the teens dress up for Halloween. The caveat is they have to do a themed group costume. It could be characters from Beauty and the Beast or Three Blind Mice. I can't wait to see what their costume is.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Picked up candy for trick or treaters, not much selection around me that is both peanut and gluten free! I didn't find paper candy bags but I do have small brown paper bags that will work; I have a spider stamp that I will use to dress them up.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Picked up candy for trick or treaters, not much selection around me that is both peanut and gluten free! I didn't find paper candy bags but I do have small brown paper bags that will work; I have a spider stamp that I will use to dress them up.
Tam,
My dgds have to follow a peanut/gluten free diet. The can have Smarties, Skittles, Starbursts, DumDum lollipops, and jelly belly. Lucie, mention she got bags of chips which I a great idea. You can also pass out not edible items that you would use as party favors.