~~~ Countdown to Halloween 2022 ~~~

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I've got to get post-Labor Day before I even think about getting Fall decor out. I've looked in the bins to see if there's anything I might need, and aside from keeping a look out for dish towels, I think I'm set.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Which means 96 days to cooler weather hopefully!!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
is there a countdown plan for Halloween?
I have not found one I like so I make note in my household calendar for Halloween and Thanksgiving Funny that I could find a Christmas and Easter one. I wonder if Flylady has anything on her site.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Reactions: housewife2

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
OK, this is kind of creepy, but my sister posted about a Halloween play on Elf on the Shelf. It's called A Doll in the Hall. Here's a link to more information about this trend. Maybe if you have teens???? Not my cup of tea, but for those who get into the creepiness of Halloween, this could prove interesting.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
OK, this is kind of creepy, but my sister posted about a Halloween play on Elf on the Shelf. It's called A Doll in the Hall. Here's a link to more information about this trend. Maybe if you have teens???? Not my cup of tea, but for those who get into the creepiness of Halloween, this could prove interesting.
We did something similar for Hallowe'en but with a skeleton. I just put him in odd spaces to surprise the boys (teenagers at the time). I stood him up in their shower, put him in their closet, had him wear an apron in the kitchen, sit at the table for dinner or in the recliner to watch a movie - that one turned out really well because our cat curled up on his lap and fell asleep :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Went to a mid sized mall yesterday and Halloween is everywhere. I can imagine that if you had young kids it would be an exciting time.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Dsil usually goes all out decorating for Halloween. Not this year...because of the dogs. This morning he brought home 3 huge pumpkins for carving...hopefully the dogs don't eat them before the big day. The kids will not be trick or treating this year - too old - dd will take them to The Luxor on The Strip here in Vegas to see the Titanic display. The kids want to go in costume - dgd will be a big banana and dgs will be a blow-up dinosaur.