Cozy up your home for fall

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Last edited:

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I love decorating for fall. Our home is done in mostly fall colors, so it's easy to add a few touches.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Lisa- That's the way ours is too. Mostly yellows, oranges, red, etc. Love it!

I'm hoping to pull out my stuff today to go through and see what I can put up now and what will have to wait until October. I plan on going to Hobby Lobby this weekend and am hoping to find some stuff there. Last time I went they had like 20 aisles of Christmas and 2 of Fall, very little Halloween stuff at all.

snowqueen

Premiere Member
Nov 1, 2007
Vermont
I've been thinking a lot about fall for the past couple of days. I do the same as you Lisa and Jess. I live in a log home and with the fall colors all through it, I just love to be home. My kitchen looks like fall all year but the rest of the house, I have to change after summer. I'm looking forward to settleing in and getting cozy. Dorene

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
My home is 'fall colours' for the most part - but during the fall season I love when I can bring out the pumpkins and seasonal pillows or throws. Cannot wait till the weather is a lot cooler and the cotton sheets are replaced with flannel - and the quilts are at the foot of the bed :)

Love the earlier nights so I can have lots of scented candles, with warm cider and a book to read. I even have a cat this year for my lap!

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
I love to decorate for fall, I just wish it was longer because I love to decorate for Christmas as well. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have 4 months of fall and 2 or 3 months for Christmas? Now as it is we to have jam both seasons into 4 months, definitely not long enough!!!

:) ~ Farmerswife

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I love these colors, too. Today, I am going to decorate in the living room/dining room (they are one big combined area). I also need to work on revamping a couple of wreaths. I was going to decorate around the front door, but we are getting rain right now.

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
I think I am going to go get my Harvest wreath right now and hang it in my living room :)

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
I did it...thanks for motivating me :)
My wreath is up...pumpkin on the fireplace hearth....and my pumpkin table cloth out and ready. (The rest is packed away and I need DH to help get it.)

My home is mainly fall colors also so I dont need too much decorating. I would like to make some couch pillow covers this year but I am not sure what I want yet.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I absolutely love autumn. It is my favorite season. I cannot wait to put up my fall decorations. I decorate inside and out. I do have a little fall going on right now. Yesterday I changed my plug-in refills with the new fall scents by Glade. With the rain coming down outside right now and the scents flowing, to me Fall is hear already.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Glad to see you back Janabanana!
Everyone seems to be cozying up and cocooning! isn't it great?

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Well I have all the fall decor up except for the balcony. I will work on that tomorrow.Then I will take some pictures and post them to my blog.

It is a breezy, gray day here -- the perfect time to burn my votive scented candles from Yankee Candle. I'm gonna need to pull out the fleece pj's and soft socks tonight. ;)

I think dinner will be Chili and cornbread. What a perfect way to end a perfect day. (at least it is to me)