Crafter’s challenge August 20-26

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Hope Lana is ok but thought I would get this week challenge up and going. Lana I hope you don’t mind.
Last full week of August. What’s everyone’s plans for this week?

For me it’s getting my skirt done and then the appliqué block. Also need to find a new knitting project for tv/movie watching time.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Still crocheting. Not too much scrap yarn left. I am enjoying the process.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Rose thanks for getting us started. I hope Lana and her family are ok too.
Finished cutting out the body of the quilt last week. I need to run the updates on my laptop so I can download the embroidery patterns. Will try to do that this week.
I’ve been in full cleaning mode here so haven’t done anything else.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Rose, thank you for starting us!! At any time anybody can start it!

I ordered the pop up's from Missouri Star Quilt. They were out of stock yet on Friday but Saturday afternoon they were in stock. When calling the order in they said the count was going down. I ended up buying more material so it isn't upside down inside popup. Have a couple yards on raincheck. Now to see if I can do it!!! LOL!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Had to rip out the cowl which was twisted but have restarted it!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Thanks, Rose!

I'm working on a CCS lollipop for Sonja's BD card and getting started on her birthday present which will be a Storm at Sea quilted wall hanging based upon her coloring in the blocks.

Friday is Rudy Day, so I might try to finish (or at least work on) some Christmas items. It might be more work on finishing the woodland animals for Valentin's calendar. I want that to be his Christmas present. I'm not sure how to get it to him in Germany, though, without spending a fortune in postage.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I am crocheting some worry worms. Saw them and looked up the instructions. I brought a skein of yarn of Saturday because I liked it and Sunday saw these. Got eyes last night and will have to print off the poem. You leave them around like the quilted hearts. They make up so so fast.

• Love
Reactions: jampss

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Still knitting!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
  • Love
Reactions: Lana

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
So, I've got a couple of UFOs, but they're for me, so no deadline. BUT, my DD is going to miss our crochet class, so I'm going to start a new project today -- a scarf for her, and hopefully can work out any kinks in the pattern, so I can continue it on my own, without her knowing about it. I had to switch up to a different pattern than I was going to use, since there's not enough yarn on the skein I bought and I can't find another to match. Wish me luck!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Here's wishing you luck, Lori!

I got started on a Storm at Sea quilt wall hanging for Sonja's 8th BD in November. I didn't have enough yellow batik and finally found the one I needed in the third store I went to.

I've also finished a CCS chart to make Sonja's BD card and have started another chart for DD#2's BD card.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Had to learn about FP DC (front post double crochet) this morning, as it's a stitch I'd never done before. Got it down, but I keep dropping stitches. Debating about going back and seeing if I can correct it, but instructor said it's not a big enough deal, and not impacting the width to do it. I may rip a couple of rows out, just so I can see where/how I'm messing up and correct the behavior for the future. Will see how this week goes and how much time I have to spend on it.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Lori Hope you figure out how you are dropping stitches. That stitch can be a lit tricking as you can end up going through both the front and back so easily.

Think I am done my Christmas paper crafting but guest only time will tell. Made bell shape tags and some flowers for the boxes plus one extra set for in-laws gift basket.

Reactions: jampss and Lana