Crafters Challenge - 01/27-02/02

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Princess_Christmas

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
No crafts for me this week, too much homework, but I am still going to put my list up here.

Finish art posters
Print out math stuff
Mount math comic strip

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Putting the cross stitch back away that I am doing for my mom am going to rethink it. The more I work on it the more I don't like it. Thinking that I am going to go elsewhere with her gift maybe a grandmother quilt not sure going to think about it.

This week:
Easter village as long as the supplies arrive
work on Santa and Mrs Claus treat baskets as long as the supplies arrive
work on Sunshine village as long as I have the supplies
clean out and reorganize craft closet (to see what supplies I have)
start looking for new sewing machine for myself and one for Maranda(thats what she wants for her birthday)

Ok think that will do it for this week

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
KimD- I hate to ask because I have enough ideas but what are Santa and Mrs Claus Treat Baskets?

I have lots of housework to catch up on so not much time this week.

My goal is to work on Teacher Thank You cards (I did all the iris folding part over the weekend!) now I need to work on punching out and glueing the words Thanks! on each.

jackie

MHH Member
Jan 15, 2008
Kim ~ I feel like I am behind already too :thud: . Not a good feeling to be having in January :slap:

The kids and I have had a horrible head cold and DH had a tooth pulled so we have all been pretty lazy around here.

I am setting a personal goal for myself, to not spend any money on crafts or crafting supplies. Our budget is VERY tight at the moment and any where I can save money is a plus. So when I feel weak I am coming here for your help. If you saw my crafting area you would know there is nothing I could possible need anyway. :oops:

So for this week:
[] Update holiday notebook
[] Don't spend any $ on crafts
[] Finished crocheted dish clothes (2/5)
[] Work on crocheted hot pads (0/2)
[] Work on embroidered tea towels (0/7)
[] Sew up 2 doll dressed

Good luck everyone "heartstrings:

jmgconner

Retire Member
Jan 1, 2008
Well, over the past week I've added two, possibly three, more quilts to my "I-wanna-make" list. With that in mind, I better get moving!

[X] finish top for Jen's quilt
[X] buy batting for Jen's quilt
[X] look to see if I need to buy more backing for Jen's quilt, if so, then buy, if not, then stitch together
[X] layer and pin Jen's quilt
[X] sketch out and plan DD's quilt
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] spend 15 minutes x4 cross-stitching

A couple of other things that aren't quite crafts, but need to be finished THIS WEEK and will probably take the place of some of my crafting time:

[X] [X] [X] Kilz the boys' room x3, including trim, so that I'll be ready to paint next week
[ ] prep DD's room for Kilz-ing, including ceiling :help:

BONUS:
[X] Jen's quilt FINISHED!!!! Finished it up tonight so that I don't feel guilty starting another quilt tomorrow. Plus, my Mom is coming tomorrow and bringing her sewing machine. We're going to JoAnn's and spending the day crafting - I can't wait! DH will be painting the boys' room.

[X] The crafting day paid off! DD's quilt is not only planned, but the entire top is put together! We also put together 3/5 of the top for DS's quilt, sewed a pillow for DD, and spray painted the rings that will eventually hold DD's new chandelier for her room.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Twinkle said:
KimD- I hate to ask because I have enough ideas but what are Santa and Mrs Claus Treat Baskets?

They are plastic canvas Santa and Mrs. Claus little boxes for treats. I started them before christmas but never had time to finish them up.

Jackie I am sort of joining you. I do know that there is more supplies that I have to buy but I am challangeing myself to use up what I have first. I did have to order somethings that just came in today so they don't count. Because I didn't have them and did really need them. And the sewing machine because I need that.

Jackfrosty I think I figured out how I am going to do an easter egg wreath. I have bags upon bags of the plastic eggs that I got last year at 5cents each that I wanted to put on my bushes this year but since we will still have snow at easter there is no sense in doing that so I am going to hot glue some to a grapevine wreath to put in my front window or on the front door

This week:
Easter village as long as the supplies arrive(got supplies)
work on Santa and Mrs Claus treat baskets as long as the supplies arrive(got supplies
start looking for new sewing machine for myself and one for Maranda(thats what she wants for her birthday)

jackie

MHH Member
Jan 15, 2008
So glad I am not alone in this :grouphug: . We are in a budget crunch around here and anything I can do to ease it will help.

Finished up some dishclothes today. :jumpinghearts:

So for this week:
[2 hr] Finished crocheted dish clothes (4/5)
[] Sew up 5 doll dresses

Good luck everyone

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Got sometime in last night. Kids were driving me nuts so sent them to bed and crawled into bed and worked on the Easter village.

This week:
4 hours Easter village as long as the supplies arrive(got supplies)
work on Santa and Mrs Claus treat baskets as long as the supplies arrive(got supplies

total hours this week: 4

jackie

MHH Member
Jan 15, 2008
DH and I watched the Bourne Ultimatum last night and I finished up the dish clothes for this set. Now on to the hot pads.

So for this week:
[3 hr] **DONE** Finished crocheted dish clothes (5/5)
[] Sew up 5 doll dresses

Good luck everyone

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Got a little more time in last night. As long as I can get some time in cleaning this house today I will get more time in tonight.

This week:
5 hours Easter village as long as the supplies arrive(got supplies)

total hours this week: 5

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
So, here is my list. Now, this is a "wanna be" list ... like I wanna get it all done. Probably won't, but at least all my UFO's are here too. Some have been in the craft closet tooooooooooo long. So, like what others have been saying ... I'm trying to use up what I have! Good stewartship, eh?!!
::eek:rnament:

I am doing something for myself, which I never do, so this forum has helped me in that way. It'll be fun to have my own 'blankie' when I finish crocheting it! Ah ha ha ha

Updated: Jan. 30, 2008

{X} Crochet wash cloth orange & blue for son (done! 2 hours)
{} Making me an Ohio State (Crimson & Gray) crocheted lap throw (started, 12 squares = 12 hours)
{} Quilted Christmas Ornaments (have material for 2)
{} Red, White, & Blue cross stick (started)
{} Pets Stocking for daughter, glitter glue names (bought, haven't glued yet)
{} Snapfish Calendar
{} Crochet Wash cloths for others
{} Soaps
{} Pillows cases for each season, spring, summer, fall, Christmas for niece
{} 2 pillows (wolf, Veggie Tales)
{} Sister's scrapbook of old photo’s
{} Angel Rag Doll for niece
{} 5x7 pictures of daughter put into collage frame
{} paint Charlie's little hand print ornament (only 4 yrs. old and never painted!!!!! Ack!)
{} Help son paint snowman flower pot ornament for grandparents
{} O.C. Notebook for sister and friend (2)
{} Altered Notebooks for 2 teen friends for their cake & Jewerly businesses
{} Altered matching clipboards (have one, need to buy one)
{} Monkey Tote bag for niece b-day
{} red, white, blue tote bag for sister
{} Crocheted Towel Tops - 4 Easter (cut all towels in half & sewed tops =30min)(done two Easter = 4 hrs.)
{} Crocheted Towel Tops - 2 Christmas
{} Crocheted Towel Tops - 2 Coffee (done 2 hrs.)
{} Crocheted Towel Tops - 2 fall (started)
{} Crocheted flip flops for nieces b-day in April (2)
{} 2 - Altered paint cans in Gators with Movie Theme items

Time= 20.5 hours

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lost power for a few hours yesturday, due to storms.

Jackie or Patty can you link me to clean sweeps, something happened to my computer yesturday and thats where all my favorites are. Now I can't get to the site.

This week:
7 hours Easter village as long as the supplies arrive(got supplies)

total hours this week: 7

jackie

MHH Member
Jan 15, 2008
I finished the hotpads :grin: Went to start on embroidering the tea towels to go with the set and can't find my embroidery hoop. :slap: I think one of my girls have it and just isn't telling me. ;-) So I am going to break my no buying craft items tomorrow and go buy a new hoop. I want to finish this set and get it wrapped and ready to go for DSILs b-day. I can't stand starting another project and not having one finished.

We get a snow day tomorrow :bigsnow: So a trip to town tomorrow will give the kids and I something to do.

So for this week:
[3 hr] **DONE** Finished crocheted dish clothes (5/5)
[3 hr] **DONE** Work on crocheted hot pads (2/2)
[] Sew up 5 doll dresses

Good luck everyone

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Jackie, I hate when I can't find something that I need and have to go and get new only to find out that one of the kids have what I was looking for.

Got a couple more hours in last night. I really need to go thru the craft closet and figure out what I have to get somethings done.

Maranda got a part in the school play and had already volunteered me to help with set and costumes so I am sure there is going to be lots for me todo in the next 8 to 10 weeks. Which will be fun.

This week:
7 hours Easter village as long as the supplies arrive(got supplies)
2 hours work on Santa and Mrs Claus treat baskets as long as the supplies arrive(got supplies

total hours this week: 9

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I finished my crocheted scarf my sisters b'day last night in bed. Now I have to:

baby quilt gift to send to Iowa

crochet some beads onto a couple pairs of soxs to send to Iowa (a pair of pink ones and a multi color.)

few burp rags also for Iowa

Baby due in March

Then for a girl I work with that is also due in March
I want to do some burp rags
&
maybe a blanket if I can find material. Saw some that would be perfect but now they are out of it.

plus need to get some more lotion mixed together

Have to get the family rounded up and finish the stepping stones that will go to mom for either Mothers Day or b'day.
I think 4 people have did theirs but need 9 others to get theirs done.

Have to go to work first for 1/2 day! That just gets in the way sometimes! LOL Really all the time cuz I rather be home crafting or visisting with you guys. :bigsnow: