Crafters Challenge 1-22-23---1-28-23

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
First month all most in!!!

I think I might have decided on the CIJ swap ornament but have to try one first! If I can do it I will order stuff then.

Also, I have one item for the 12 Days of Christmas picked out but have to get another one.

What are you working on this week?

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I finished my headband (Autumn Twist Ear Warmer) yesterday. Lots of errors in it, added stitches, you can tell there was changing tension in my stitches. But it's mine and I ust wanted to finish it. I'm back on my scarf this week and will take it with me to work on the plane. It works two yarns at the same time -- one is shades of navy and the other is navy, dark teal, and a lighter teal. I just want to get these winter projects done, so I can start something lighter for the spring and summer.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I finished a UFO … a pet mat for Axl. :)

D241EECA-4E96-48F4-A12A-1CAC495453D4.jpeg

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Nice little list this week and I need to get as much as I can marked off.

()Rudy day—will either work on tuck ins or exchange cards.
()con’t to work on baby sweater
()2 February birthday cards
()Valentine cards
()pr of PJs for me—cut out
()Christmas apron—cut out
()shopping bag—cut out
()quilt block

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lots getting done here!

Lana ~ It's always nice to get the ideas early!

Rose ~ That is an ambitious list. You can do it!

Jampss ~ Very pretty ... both kitty and mat!

I got the March pillowcase finished yesterday (for Valentin), and his April one nearly done. In the evening I managed to finish one of the Christmas door CCS motifs (4 more to do).

Not much will get accomplished today, but I'm planning to go to Open Sew tomorrow.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Last week didn’t go as planned, my quilt is still unfinished. I did start my CIJ ornaments last week and finished them tonight. They were something I could work on during the evening while we watched Jesse Stone. I made extra so I have enough for gifts too. I think I’ll start working on wrapping them before I do anything else.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ You're way ahead of the game!

I finished the April pillowcase yesterday and will spend today at Open Sew with Kathy. I have plans for some mug rugs for grandchildren for Valentine's Day if I can get those going in time.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Well I got a lot done with my project today but will need to finish up tomorrow. I will have to be extremely focused to get it done. I do have to run to the store to get what I need to completely finish it.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I'm hoping a cleaned spare room will inspire me to start sewing some.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I'm hoping a cleaned spare room will inspire me to start sewing some.
I'm with you there. Still need to do a bit more and then I am ready to craft.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
JoDee, adorable!!!!
I love having a clean sewing room. I do try to clean up after each project. But right now it’s a mess.
Made gift bags for the CIJ ornaments. Everything is tucked away.
Finished my quilt top. Started cutting the fabric to piece the backing.
Started working on a few more ornaments as gifts. Wanted to get a cousins charm for a photo ornament for my cousin. The charm is <$2. The shipping $4.65! It’s flat and a little smaller than a quarter. I’ll keep looking.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Jody—adorable

Had a good crafting week. 12 cards done. PJ’s and Apron made. Baby sweater just needs the button/button hole bands, ends sewn in and buttons sewn on and it will be finished.

Got some cutting out for my Christmas cards and tuck ins.

The baby sweater pattern called for two balls of main colour. Didn’t even use the full first ball. Thinking I might use the second ball to make a doll blanket as part of the gift.