Crafters Challenge April 12th---April 18th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
This challenge starts off on Easter Sunday

I would like to take this time and wish you and your families a "HAPPY EASTER"!!! Even tho this year we aren't having family dinners lets still remember the reason for the day and give praise to the Lord for are many blessings!!!!

Once again several projects were completed last week.

TFS! I have looked at the blogs but haven't commented.

What are your plans for this week?

Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I would like to work on the glass plate flowers this week. I wanted DD friend to make one for her mom but I guess I'll have to make it so she can just give it as a gift.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings and Happy Easter!

I got some small quilt sandwiches made with three different fabrics yesterday. Once they are quilted, I want to make them into slip covers for the small bench at our entry. I have no idea how to quilt them. I also need to finish the BD card with CCS motif for Iris' BD and make a gift to send her. I'm thinking I'd like to do a machine embroidery on a t-shirt, but I don't have the right kind of stabilizer for the back of the shirt so it won't be so scratchy.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Trimming up the last of the 16 tree blocks and cut a chunk off my finger. So sitting in the Er now. Thankfully no blood on the block!! I guess I need to be more careful. Going to iron the fabric over the next few days to do the houses. I wonder how those gloves would be that they wear when they slice meat at the store??? Worth checking into I think.

Last edited:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Trimming up the last of the 16 tree blocks and cut a chunk off my finger. So sitting in the Er now. Thankfully no blood on the block!! I guess I need to be more careful. Going to iron the fabric over the next few days do the houses. I wonder how those gloves would be that they wear when they slice meat at the store??? Worth checking into I think.
OH NO!! :(

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I'm making a crocheted mask pattern I found on YouTube. I also have some capnip toys for DD28 to make up. I'm still trying to knit some on that scarf ... I'm learning this new skill. I'll give DD the scarf.

Reactions: Lana

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I just ordered a Klutz Glove by Fons and Porter! You wear it when you use the rotary cutter! If you are a rotary cutter user I strongly suggest you get something to protect your fingers. Much cheaper then a trip to the er. I guess there are Kevlar gloves but not sure about the dexterity. Will be checking them out when the shelter order is lifted.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
MM, ouch! Hope it heals fast for you.

I made 4 mask yesterday. One for each of us and will measure Teigan for one when I see her. Will do her 2 so one here and at home. Might do us all another. First the pleats are funky but got better as I went.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ Sorry about the finger! Sewing can be dangerous! I don't have any of those gloves, but I do have a couple Omnigrid ruler grippers (different sizes). I haven't been using them lately, so thanks for the safety reminder! I have many times cut the skin between my fingers when holding and cutting out small things. Did you get stitches? No fun being in the ER during these times.

I finished a CCS motif last night to make a BD card for Iris. Now I need to figure out how to back a machine embroidery design on a t-shirt without the right kind of stabilizer so it won't be uncomfortable to wear. I'm contemplating making it more like a patch and then sewing it onto the front of the t-shirt instead of embroidering it directly onto the shirt...

Last edited:
Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've been continuing to work on recipe binder...only two more tabs to do, a few more details, finish the spine and back cover insert then DONE!

Made a couple of birthday cards.

Small amount of work on felt ornament.

Will try to finish up binder then move on to etching projects.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Dahlia, no stitches. I actually cut off a piece of my finger so there was nothing to suture. I have some of those ruler grippers! Why am I not using them??? Usually when I’m cutting fabric I use weights on my rulers so my hand is on them. Lesson learned. I’m ironing fabrics today and will get them labeled as what I need to cut. No cutting till my glove gets here.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ My favorite rulers are Quilters Select. They have a grip surface that really stays put. I have also found that this Odif Grippy Non-Slip Coating
https://www.stuff4crafts.com/catalo...MpLQjx7QerLqcyO0_GzHdGBwj_aZA1uIaAugeEALw_wcB
works great on my older rulers that are not Quilters Select. I've tried about everything, and this really works. The fumes are quite strong when spraying, though, so I do it outdoors. I don't think you would need weights if you use this product. Actually, it's on sale at this link, and even with shipping is still pretty reasonable for what I've seen this product priced at. Check around though.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
This a.m. while on internet before work I saw where you crochet extenders for mask. This one has the crocheted buttons you make and put on them. I got 5 done. About 15 minutes each. Just got the first one done and my CEOs daughter came thru and I gave to her. Told her I just made it and she said she'd let me know how it works. Hope they work and I can do more.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
The quilts are on pause for now. I decided that I need some solid colored fabrics for the doors , windows and chimneys. I’ll wait until I can shop in person, I don’t do well ordering fabric online. I can get everything I have cut out in the meantime. ( once I get my klutz glove lol).
I started making the kitchen towel boas today. I had one done and most of the others cut out. The one I finished I’m partially taking it apart. I put a fabric border on the bottom. I’m taking it off and pulling out the hem of the towel. There was so much bulk it didn’t lay nice. Other than that it turned out nice.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I have made 20 masks and have 4 left to do. Hopefully I won't think of anyone else who needs masks. I'll package up 10 of them to get in the mail, hopefully tomorrow. Then I can go back to ufo's.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Started a crochet asymytrical shawl today. it goes quickly.

The pattern I had printed out awhile ago... just can't make it work but I like this one.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana