Crafter's Challenge April 16th---22nd, 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Halfway thru April!!!!!

Some of you really got some crafting done last week!!! WTG!!!!! Thank you for sharing the pictures!

What is on your list to do this week?

HAPPY HAPPY CRAFTING MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I'm very pleased with my accomplishments last week:
  • Finished: UFO fall wall hanging; 3 BOM quilt blocks so they are ready to be made into a quilt; 2 corner bookmarks; 4 monthly pillowcases for Valentin; 2 Mother's day cards with previously completed CCS motifs; Woodland animal #6 for Valentin's calendar; Q-Snap cover for CCS projects
  • WIPs: little wallet for Iris' BD (just needs a couple of snaps); knit shawl; CCS watercolor flower (anemone)
This week I hope to make more pillowcases (only 4 left to do), maybe a kitchen boa or two for me, do more knitting (car and meetings project) and CCS (evening project).

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
My decovil heavy stabilizer arrived yesterday! Hardly can contain my self!!!. I ordered another bolt since I had another great coupon, will see if I will continue to be lucky.
I made a small leather pouch for my husbands new car. He gave me a ratty plastic pouch and said “make it exactly like this one”, so I did, exactly. Finished it this morning gave it to him. Then he said oh I thought you would do …… , a list of things:mad: I reminded him he said exactly. Thankfully I’m out of black leather.
Planing to start a purse and wallet set for the church silent auction. I hope to pick out fabric today. I have till mid June but I want to get it out of the way.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am still working on the CCS bookmark. I got nothing done last week. Need to look ahead at what to work on next.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Made the Aspen bag by emmaline bags. I used scraps of leather I had to piece the panels. I had some issues but I’ve learned a lot again. The mistakes aren’t horrible and you can’t notice them unless you are right on top of them. I think this is the bag I’ll make for the church but the larger size. but not sure. It would all be in quilting cotton.
I found some ants in my sewing room. I keep wrapped candy there but never had that problem before. I’ve taken out the trash and candy but I’ll snoop around this weekend and make sure we aren’t being invaded.

Attachments

• CF6549B6-5EB2-41C9-B2A5-6A155DA2A975.jpeg
    CF6549B6-5EB2-41C9-B2A5-6A155DA2A975.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
  • FF9D72EA-BE20-4AD6-932E-268895836626.jpeg
    FF9D72EA-BE20-4AD6-932E-268895836626.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
This was my morning! Bullet coffee and crochet!

E12607E4-FAF2-4017-9513-44A5C01B91FE.jpeg

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
This morning, I just couldn't focus on the detail of the sweater I"m working on, so I spent class working on a pink headband. Our area is collecting pink crocheted or knitted headbands for the Breast Cancer Walk, which will be held in October. The yarn store where I take my classes is hoping to collect a total of 450 to donate. Walkers and runners can pick up a headband / ear warmer for free. Of course, I've discovered that this particular yarn is my favorite of all time ... and it's been discontinued. Only came in pink and a green/purple mix, so not something I'd have regularly used, but this one works so well. I picked up the last two balls of pink that the store had, so I'm now committed to making 6 headbands (2 per skein). If you like making those and are so inclined, you may want to check with your local yarn shop or breast cancer organization to see if they're doing anything similar in your area.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I just started posting a question about my knitting on Ravelry. I thought the pattern said K5 W&T (wrap & turn). Then after turning, the pattern said to K8 ... I didn't have 8 stitches to knit after turning since I was only 6 stitches from the edge. As I was typing my question and thinking the pattern must be wrong, I realized I misread "K5" which actually said "K52"! LOL

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Amelia, where do you buy your leather?

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Amelia, where do you buy your leather?
Some I got at hobby lobby. They do put their leather and supplies on sale every now and then. They have larger pieces and they also have mixed bags of smaller pieces.
I found a leather shop (Weavers) in Millersburg (about 1 1/2 hours from me) that has a wide range of leather( and prices), and all the fun tools too. They do mail order. The staff is nice and eager to help. I’m sure if you had questions and called them they would do their best to help you.

There’s a couple of other places online but I haven’t ordered from them.
Hope this is helpful.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Thank you. My grandparents did upholstery for the public. Grandmother's industrial machine is still on the shop. It's been so many years since it was used, I don't know if it still works, but I would like to see. I'm interested in making myself a purse. I've never seen leather at Hobby Lobby. The nearest one to me is in West Monroe (about 55 miles).

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Wow! I bet you have a gem of a machine. What a treasure to sew on your grandmas machine. I imagine it would be pretty easy to service since it’s not a computerized thing like they sell today. I know there aren’t a lot of industrial sewing shops but it would be worth investigating to get it up and running. There is also a cult of old machine enthusiasts out there that might be able to help.
The purse making is so much fun and addicting lol. So many patterns and most of them have sew alongs on YouTube.
The 2 hobby lobby’s I ve been in, both have carried some leather.
A lot of people are using cork and vinyl for purses. I have some cork (most of the quilt shops here sell that) but have not used it yet. Vinyl you can get at Joann’s and emmaline bags sells it (online shop).
Keep us posted about your machine and sewing adventure!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I made the discovery yesterday that I can borrow digital copies of magazines with a Libby App (you need to have a library card). It was great to try yesterday when I found a CCS chart that I wanted but it was published in a recent CCS magazine. YAY!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Oh! I check out books with Libby, but I didn’t know about magazines!