Crafters Challenge April 18th~25th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
We are at the start of another week. At the end of this week it will be 8 months till Christmas!!!!

I am hoping as we clean the garage to come across the barbie items that were mine and my DD's and look at the clothes and cut patterns to make some for my 2 nieces for Christmas. There are ponchos, and evening gowns that I just need the general size and I think I can do those.

Still thinking of ideals of Christmas items.

I have 3 nail kegs that my grandpa had painted yellow and a broard with green carpet across the top as a seat in the one shed people use to sit in when you went to talk in nice weather that I would like to do something with 2 of them for my sisters unless I keep them. Not sure how to get the yellow off of them.

Everybody have a GREAT crafting week!

Santa_Elf

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Wylie, TX (NE of Dallas)
8 months to Christmas and I haved so much that I want to do.

This week I need to decide where in the world in this tiny apt I can set up a crafts area.
Thatismy only crafts goal

Have a great day

Eddie

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
I am working on teacher gifts this week and next. I have some tote bags that I bought and I am going to embroider their initials on them. I want to put some "goodies" in them too, but I haven't figured that part out yet.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
My main UFO is a large cotton afghan that I do/did work on while DH was driving. I added about an inch or two

I got a start on on wristlet, but it's taking time to get used to using such a small crochet hook. But I am persevering and have decided to make a simple scarf for DNephew, who will be going to Brown, in the Brown colors (brown and red).

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Well, since January ... I haven't done much. So .... here goes .... gee, only 8 months to get it all done! ACK! :-]

For Christmas Gifts:

{X} Amigurumi crocheted cat toy (DNiece)
{X} amigurumi crocheted funny gal (Dsister)
{} Black Shrug for (DD) Started
{} Red, White, & Blue cross stitch ornament for friend Started
{X, __} Old Christmas Card Basket (DSister, DFriend) Finished one; Need to start another

{} Baseball Paper Weight, crochet (DH)
{} Crochet door knob hanging cat toy (DN)
{} knitted dish cloths or crocheted (Friends)
{} Crochet Wash cloths (Friends)
{} Crochet Reading Wrap (Me)(Step-ma)
{} crochet bobble necklace (DD, DN, DFriend)
{} Angel Rag Doll (DN)
{} Quilted Christmas Ornaments (Friends)
{} 5x7 school pictures of daughter put into collage frame (DD)
{} Soaps (Family and Friends)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have nearly finished my second crocheted lap rug. I have found more wool and I think that I will continue crocheting while I am in the mood. I found some tiny baby booties belonging to my children when I tidied up last week and I am going to thread some ribbon through them so I can hang them on the Christmas tree as a decoration.
I also found a stack of lovely wooden beads that I am thinking of threading into a necklace for my mother. Amazing what you find when you tidy up.
Over the next few months of the winter I will really try to tidy up all the loose craft projects I have so that when the lovely Spring weather arrives I will be caught up and can then concentrate on other things.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Sweetpumpkinpie those baby booties are ornaments is a wonderful idea!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Crafts like I have anytime anymore. I think the last thing I did was a blanket and scarf for my new niece, and that was for Christmas. I do have to get things done for Kayla's birthday party but still have a couple of months todo those. I have to gather my kids, neieces and nefews to make stepping stones for their grandfather for his birthday on May 3rd but that's all I think I can handle right now.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I hope to get my fanny in gear and do all those crafty things I didn't get done last year. Aprons, altered tote bags, a crazy fleece quilt for oldest DGS, maybe some pillowcases and p.j./lounging pants for the grandkids. Hmmmm, guess I can always hope!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Pam, as SN always says ~~~baby steps~~~ and I am sure you will get items done! If you retire then Christmas 2011 you will have lots of time to sew. Well, maybe. Seems retirement keeps people busy too.

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
These last two weeks have been really challenging for me. Spring allergies plus lack of time have taken a definite toll on my accomplishments. I am trying to remember baby steps count but my steps seem more like micro-baby steps of late. That said, I may indeed finish some goals by the end of the month since next week looks like a basic stay home week plus rain is in the forecast for each day actually starting this Friday. If time cannot be spent on outside activities surely I can catch up on sewing.

Christmas crafting is on target for the moment but I am eager to begin the next step for a few of them. I have been missing the Christmasy crafting/sewing that is so enjoyable.

You ladies have some great things going as usual. Some wonderful lists of projects for gift giving are steadily emerging. Making a list always helps me in accomplishing more especially if I review the list frequently.

Charlotte

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
So true, Lana. I sometimes tend to forget that when I feel unproductive. Thanks for the reminder.

Charlotte