Crafters Challenge April 25th-May 1st, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Wow!!!!!! Another month is gone---almost!!!

While cleaning at Aunt Im's I found a sack with little poems that had a small craft attached. Some I have seen before and some were new to me.

I know I won't be crafting again this week!!! :(

What do you all have planned for the week?

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I'm working on a spa set for a thank you gift to DS's Life Coach as well as a cotton market bag I crocheted for her. Then we are going to meet up for coffee and a bagel!

I made a monkey bookmark

I have made up other spa sets (soap saver sack, face scrubbies, and washcloth) in cotton yarn.

So .... hmmmm ... what project next????

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

jampss ~ Those are wonderful gifts. I'd love to receive something like that.

Rose ~ Do you wear dresses all the time? I know you've mentioned making them for yourself. I don't make clothes for myself but do like dresses and skirts, especially in the hot weather as they are so cool and comfortable. I have two dresses on order.

Yesterday I finished the "Frozen" hooded towel for Julia and a small dish towel hanger for Sonja's play kitchen. Today I'd like to work on a machine embroidery design on a t-shirt for DH (his BD is Friday) and the November calendar hangers (still not done). Once I receive my new circle cutter, I will be able to finish the CCS Mother's Day cards.

We will be going back to the lake on Wednesday, so I need to decide if I have any sewing I can bring along without too much prep. I could have taken the Easter napkins but I ended up finishing them last night after dinner.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
The crocheting is coming along well!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Working on husbands quilt. I’m echo quilting around the appliqué work. Lots of wrestling going on since the cowboy and horse have lots of curves and ins and outs, and it’s a big quilt. Stiching around the rest of the appliqués should go faster as they are not as complex designs.

Will stop at Michael's and Barnes sewing later this week. I need some pre wound bobbins for the quilt. I want to look for small burlap type trim/ ribbon at Michaels to finish up the Americana ornaments.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I was able to get the machine embroidery done on DH's t-shirt yesterday. It's a glass of beer and says "Hoppy Camper". I was able to work on some other projects while it stitched out ... November calendar hangers and a little knitting (but more tinking than actual knitting). After dinner I finished up the Mother's Day cards.

Today I hope to finish the November calendar hangers, but I have a lot of other things, including potting plants, that I need to get done.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Haven't done much in the last little while, I must get back to it this week.

Reactions: jampss

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Reactions: Lana

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Yes, love the sox. Learning to crochet is on my list to do.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Rose ~ Those really are wonderful socks! You'll have to wear them with shorts so you can see all the colors! Love all your other projects, too.

I've updated my blog too with some of my recent crafts.

I got my fabric sandwiched for the chenille patriotic wall hanging project. I'm taking it to the lake to sew on when/if I get the chance and motivation.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I worked on my CIJ ornaments and the jury is out.....not sure I like them. I need to finish a couple and decide. Like the idea but not sure I pulled it off. Good thing I have a backup planned.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
There’s lots of crochet sock patterns out there.
Yeah .................................................... I tried one ......................... it didn't turn out around the heel and too tight over the top of my foot. I have them sitting there to FROG ... and maybe, try again with a different pattern. Sigh ........................................ :rolleyes: :p

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
My grandma was a master at crochet. Even when she lost her sight she still was making table cloths. I didn’t inherit that gene..........

Made it to michaels. Lots of empty shelves and didn’t find much of anything. Went to the sewing center, didn’t find a lot there either. I did get a demo on the long arm I want. Keep dreaming girl, lol. I need to make a trip to the big Joann’s in Hudson.

Almost finished quilting the center of the quilt. I’ve decided to pull it all out. I’m not happy with the way it looks. My “free motion” type skills are pretty crappy to be blunt. I’m sure that my husband wouldn’t notice but there are giant bill board type goofs that I can’t live with. I was up half the night thinking about it. Good thing it’s only the end of April or I would be in panic mode.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Have set aside the day to work on the bunting, I am having dreams about bunting now LOL

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
DJ. I don’t wear dresses a lot—mainly for church but after years of wearing t-shirts, pants or capris for my job I am ready to mix it up a bit for the warmer weather. When shopping for the fabric for DGD Easter dress I found some fabric that I really liked so I when for it. I have found it hard lately to find dresses I like that are reasonable price and have sleeves or right length.
I don’t wear shorts—don’t even like shorts so those socks will get worn with a dark pair of green pants.

I have not done any sewing this week. Just getting some knitting in on the shawl in the evenings. About half done the shawl.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Myron's Mom ~ I know how frustrating it is to have to frog something! I'm usually relieved once it's done though and glad I went through with it.

I'm disappointed that I didn't do any CCS today, but did do some knitting during a Zoom meeting with the sewing group. It was a fun meeting.