Crafters Challenge April 26th---May 2nd, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello Friends!

Into another month here shortly!

Thank you for sharing your pictures from the crafts you made this past week.

It is getting time to think of Christmas sewing. Not sure how much I will do. The 12 days of Christmas I will sew for.

What do you have on your list for this week?!?!?!?!?

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Yesterday I unraveled most of the crochet shawl I had started... yep... had copied the pattern and forgot part of it!

Reactions: Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Greetings!

Since my last check-in, I made and mailed some facemasks to DDs for their families' use. I viewed Tula Pink's YouTube tour of her studio and was inspired to do some craftermath control in mine and get my design wall re-covered and re-mounted to the wall. It's been waiting for my bum arm to be more usable. DH helped a lot. So now the decks are cleared again, and I hope to get back to the bench cover(s). Iris liked the t-shirt I embellished for her, and now Sonja wants one, too. Iris' shirt says "Love is my Superpower". We decided that hugs are Sonja's superpower.

I'm working on a CCS chart for a Mother's Day card and should find a couple more charts, too.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have finished knitting the red and white striped cushion cover and am now working on the knitted ribbon.
I then need to finish up the few items that I have been knitting but have not sewn up and completed.
I want to sit and make a time line of what to do next. I have the feeling that I am a bit behind and I am beginning to panic a little.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I worked on the bench cover yesterday. Got the piping and border ripped off and made different piping with a smaller cord inside that I like much better. Two corners need a little re-do, and I'm not totally happy with where the seams in the border landed, but I'm not taking it apart again. I made binding for the raw edge and put it on rather late last night. So left to do ...

• Fix two corners
  • Add a little more quilting on the border piece
  • Hand sew binding
I also got one CCS chart done for a Mother's Day card and one more started; and stitched around the Valentine ornaments. I want to use pinking shears around the edges, but I ordered new ones, so I'm going to wait for delivery and see if I can get a cleaner cut.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

BiddyPop

Premiere Member
Apr 29, 2020
Ireland
AE63EF65-3BDB-438C-972B-B3AD7C850D2C.jpeg I’ve been making washable face masks for our family, my DM and DF, and DMIL.

Now that all of these have a couple each, I finally managed to get back to cross stitching - I finished the pattern of a butterfly I started in December and have now started a “toolkit” version, I’ll do backings and ends of these all together in a few weeks to make up bookmarks as gifts. And I might finally finish a set of holly leaves that have been feeling neglected. (I haven’t had crafting time in recent years really).
Hopefully I can add some photos...

BiddyPop

Premiere Member
Apr 29, 2020
Ireland
Sorry, I was so excited to be back I just dived right in!!
I had to name change as I couldn’t remember my old login details for so long, I used to be Winged1 or WingedOne when I was here before. I haven’t had time to craft in so long, I have stacks of UFOs and materials to use up and loads of ideas to use them, in between working (from home) and juggling family life.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
BiddyPop ~ I remember your previous name. Glad to see you return and having a little more time for crafting. Your stitching is beautiful.

I finished the first bench cover which turned out pretty nicely. I wish I had used different fabric for the first one, though, because there was a learning curve and this one has a few warts and it's one of my favorite fabrics. Also, it's Christmas fabric, so I won't be actually using it right away. The next one I have planned is also fabric that is dear and will require some piecing. I'm very excited about it, but kind of afraid to do the cutting. It will take some careful planning and measuring first. I do have enough of the focus fabric, however, to be able to re-cut if I mess it up the first time.

I'm hoping it will turn out something like this:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
BiddyPop, love the holly leaves.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Need to sit down in the next few days and prioritise the next lot of crafts and when I would like them done by.. Then I will know what I still need to get done.