Crafters Challenge April 28th-May 4th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Finished sewing up sides of felt notebook cover - so that one is done!
Pinned embroidered apple and leaf to black felt notebook cover - need to sew down
Am about 1/2 way done with hot water bottle embroidery - need to cut back piece and then sew it up, adding button/elastic loop closure system

Planning to get started on making patterns for this year's crop of felt ornaments - assembling kits, etc.

Also making small felt flowers to glue onto fat wooden clothespins - and then I'll glue magnet to other side - will make cute gift sets.

Oh all sorts of "plans" right now, just need that follow through!

Come on, Starbucks! Don't fail me now!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished (again) the tea towels for mum. I have done Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring. Australia Day (can be used for ANZAC Day) Valentines, Mother's Day, Easter, Halloween and Christmas. I think that she will like them.
Now to the work ornaments.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am now thinking of pulling out my Jean Greenough books and possibly making a snowman. It would be a nice project to do.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Ahorsesoul ~ Thank you. I'm glad you were able to take a look.

I went to Sewing Club yesterday which was all about scrappy quilts. Scrappy is a little out of my wheelhouse … if at all, I kind of need controlled scrappy. I had fun picking out a few more fabrics for the table topper, but had to drive to another of their stores to get the pattern. Of course I'm really anxious to start on it, but I need to get the quilt done and also a few Mother's Day cards. I picked out the fabrics to coordinate with the CCS motifs for the cards, so I can probably finish them today and have ready to mail early next week.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Great links! Lucie ~ Part of me is saying "If it sounds too good to be true … " but that craft cupboard sure looks fabulous doesn't it? Especially if you're short on space. Are you going to get it?

I've finally posted pictures of Iris' Harry Potter robe, scarf and wand on my blog. I'm not sure what took me so long. LOL

You are so talented! Did you use a normal robe pattern to make the Harry Potter robe or find a specific pattern for it? DD8 is big into Harry Potter right now, and the store-bought robes are so expensive!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
FS ~ Thank you! I used Simplicity Pattern # 8723. It doesn't call for the colored lining in the sleeve, so I added that. Also, the yellow facing in the front is narrow, and Iris would have liked it to be wider, probably more like a lining (didn't realize till it was done). It still wasn't that cheap to make it, but less than they want at Universal Studios.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Kim ~ Good fix!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lana, I agree that the sewing cabinet is gorgeous and reasonable price. Would like to see what something like this would cost here in Australia. It would be perfect for at our farm.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Started to work on the ornaments for work last night. Figured that if I get the things that are specifically for Christmas done then I can concentrate in the not so important things.
I need to keep off Pintrest if I am going to have any chance of finishing the list I have.:rolleyes:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I haven't really fallen into the Pintrest rabbit hole, but I truly do spend a significant amount of time surfing the internet.