Crafters Challenge April 2nd----April 8th, 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I plan to get back to my embroidery project. It is a tablecloth so I will be working on it for quite a while. I will probable determine weekly goals.

I am toying with the idea of making my own Christmas cards this year by recycling old Christmas cards. I have used up my stash of cards so I either have to purchase more or make them. I do have what I need to make them and I do find it enjoyable. We'll see.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

This week (today!) I need to finish up, package and ship one BD gift and 2 Easter packages.

Then it's time to make up something (probably a small wallet) for Iris' birthday later this month.

I'm working on a CCS motif for a Christmas door "frame". It's the last one in a series of 6. Then I hope to stitch another woodland animal for Valentin's monthly calendar. I should also work on his monthly pillowcase project (May and June's are next).

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Will be traveling so will knit and/or crochet.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I crocheted two pairs of socks and put them in a box with other goodies and mailed it out Friday. Her birthday is Easter Sunday! I started a purple pair of socks for me.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Due to the storms we had on Friday night, I missed my crochet class on Saturday morning -- brief power outage meant that I couldn't get my car out of the garage. So, I need to find some time to work on my new project, a summer weight sweater. It will be a challenge ... and it's working from a diagram, not written instructions.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Got a couple blocks done on a UFO quilt done last week in bits and pieces. That was it for crafting.

A dear friend has asked if I could finish a preemies baby set her mother had started before she passed away. I will get that taken care of and then work on the last two blocks on the UFO quilt done. It’s a paper piece quilt that was part of a quilt challenge a few years ago. Will decide from there what I want to do next.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Due to the storms we had on Friday night, I missed my crochet class on Saturday morning -- brief power outage meant that I couldn't get my car out of the garage.
You must be like me and not able to lift up the garage door after using the emergency release cord. The doors are way to heavy for my injured arms.

Reactions: Lori K

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am 3/4 of the way through a CCS book mark. I will need to cover the back with some sort of fabric to cover the stitching. Will try and finish that and put it in the Gift Closet with DD's book.
Then to look for another easy project.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
This a.m. I finally sewed with my new machine. Jaymee helped me set up the laptop yesterday late afternoon and she then played with the sewing machine--just going thru some screens.

I had some 5" blocks handy so thought I would do 2 or 3 potholders back/front and get the middle later but then Teigan thought a baby blanket so have the front done and she played with it. Will do a backing and binding at some point.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Today I plan to get the BD gift wrapped and mailed as well as a couple Easter packages.

I had fun making fabric corner bookmarks and want to make more. It's a great project for scraps. I gave some to a friend, and she loves them and wants more. I used food-themed fabric for her to use with her cookbooks.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
This a.m. I finally sewed with my new machine. Jaymee helped me set up the laptop yesterday late afternoon and she then played with the sewing machine--just going thru some screens.

I had some 5" blocks handy so thought I would do 2 or 3 potholders back/front and get the middle later but then Teigan thought a baby blanket so have the front done and she played with it. Will do a backing and binding at some point.
So glad you are getting acquainted with your new machine!
I finished one of my wallets today. I used my industrial machine for the assembly of the parts, made so much of a difference. I usually have to hand crank the majority of that part of the construction. I also used my rivet press. I think I need to ask Santa for more rivets for Christmas. I’ve used Chicago screws in the past but the actual rivets look so much better.
Tomorrow I start wallet #2.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
53CA975F-52CD-4CA5-9291-A7FD7AFE9EBA.jpeg

All done!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia