Crafter's Challenge April 30th--- May 6th, 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Started the thread last night but do not see it today!!!!

Welcome to May!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time sure does move along!!!!!!

I have to call this week to book another class. The list wasn't out yet when I was there last time so they didn't know you was working so asked if I would call after the 1st.

Several have been busy doing stuff!!!!

Happy Crafting!

Reactions: jampss

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Hey @Lana !!

I started another pair of socks.

BD52AB21-B64B-43BC-A8CE-970528B4941D.jpeg

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Jampss ~ You're really moving along with the socks! Are some for gifts?

I have two knitting projects going and one just finished but waiting to be blocked. I also have a couple of CCS projects in the works. I'm working on one of four watercolor flowers and also the seventh of 12 woodland animals. The woodland animals will be for a calendar for Valentin. I should get some Christmas ornaments for grandchildren in the rotation, too!

Sewing-wise, I'm sort of between projects, so I need to decide what to work on next ... another kitchen boa (I've made 3 so far), another microwave bowl cozy, a table runner for DD#2, one of my several UFO quilts, a new quilt ... so many options!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
@DahliaDoll For now, I was just making the socks for me and trying a few variations to get the pattern I want. :)

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Jampss WTG on getting some socks done.

Been busy for the pass few weeks which included a trip to N.Y. New York. Trip included a stop at a yarn shop. Picked up a couple skins of hand dried yarn that I liked but not sure what I will make with it. DH was with me and thinks t would look nice knitted up into socks. It’s 4ply.

This week I need to do some card making, sewing, knitting and mending. Will see what I get done. Also have a Lacey bag that needs a new zipper. Need to decide if I will just pick up a regular zipper and some lace or order online a lace zipper.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I finished stitching the CCS book mark. I just need to cover over the back with some fabric to hide the stitches. Not sure what to move onto next.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Taking one ball of yarn on the plane and will work on pink headbands for the Breast Cancer Walk. They're easy to stitch and repetitious enough that it won't take much to finish a couple off. Need to pick up a smaller pair of scissors that will be acceptable for airport security (or put my scissors in my checked luggage and pray I don't finish while in air).

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lucie ~ I love the combination of yarns in your cushion cover!

I've been spending more time in the garden the last several days than in the studio, so my crafting is pretty much in the evenings, but I'm also reading a good book, so that takes some evening time too. My friend, Kathy, listens to books on tape while doing CCS. Does anyone else here listen to books on tape while crafting?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Need to pick up a smaller pair of scissors that will be acceptable for airport security (or put my scissors in my checked luggage and pray I don't finish while in air).
Can you take a pair of nail clippers? Should be safe to travel with and should be strong enough to cut the yarn.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I take small scissors on the plane all the time. What gets my Carry-on pulled out for special attention seems to always be any snacks we pack.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Nice socks!
I like the textures on that pillow.
Haven’t flown in years so I’m no help. Even when I did fly a lot couldn’t do a thing. I’m that air sick, sea sick, car sick person you never want to sit next to.
No crafting this week. Taking down Easter, cleaning the house and even though we have snow flurries this morning, I’ll decorate for summer.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Luludou nice pillow.

Dropped my rotary cutter and broken off the safety cover. Ordered a new one and it has arrived.
Finished a baby quilt top that has been a UFO for a couple years. Still need to make a case to put it in along with the backing and binding fabric.
Made a gift bag for MIL mothers dat gift and her card.
Taken care of one item from my mending pile and have gotten the zippers to knock two more items of my mending list. Once those are done I have a skirt waist to take in and my mending will be taken care off.
But first I need to make the cards I need to get out in the mail this month. They are half done. Been raining most of this week so it’s been a good week to craft.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I was able to wear my new knit butterfly scarf to my sewing group meeting yesterday. I got many compliments on it. I figured since our weather is warming up, yet yesterday was a bit cool, that I should wear it before I need to put it away for the season. I think I'd like to make another one using a different color yarn. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a good color.

I also got some knitting accomplished on two different projects yesterday along with some work on a CCS project. Today is a rainy day, so I hope to be able to get into the studio for some sewing (or something) at some point today, although I can't afford to proCRAFTinate too much, as some chores are needing to be done, too.