Crafters Challenge April 5th-11th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good Morning!

WOW!!!! You were a bunch of busy crafters last week!

I did get some stuff done at lunch at work this week. I can't say because they will be my CIJ ornaments. So will do some for friends/family too.

Loved seeing the pictures.

What are you going to be crafting this week?

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Will finish the masks I hope today. My back is killing me and makes it hard to sit too long.

I ordered some fabric for the Christmas quilts and 2 patterns, I was short a couple of fabrics and the patterns are a wallet (similar to the ncw) and mini phone/ wallet purse. I ordered it from a Amish shop on the 2nd but it’s not shipped yet. Not sure what the hold up is. Unless they don’t have a driver and literally have to take packages to the post office by horse and buggy. Can you tell I’m a little impatient today.

Hope you all have the time to do the things you love this week.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I watched several YouTube videos to find a face mask I like, that I have all the supplies for. I made up my own, using ideas from 3 videos; and then I sewed a mask for dsil - just one finished as I wanted to see how he liked it. He said it was perfect, so I cut out 6 more for him. Dh asked if dsil is the only one who gets masks. No, I will make 2 for everyone else. Tomorrow I will sew masks - at least the 6 for dsil.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I'm still trying to get Easter wrapped up today. I made three machine embroidery ITH Easter bunnies for grandchildren and am finishing up cards. Then I will sew some face masks for DH and me.

I want to get outside, too, so I can enjoy some of the nice weather we are having. Yesterday I did some work on the bunnies outside.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I was given one of those diamond 3d art cards for Christmas, I did that on the weekend and enjoyed it. I have another card and a small mandala yet to do. Will put them in the gift closet when done.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Katrina ~ Do you need a tool to set the diamonds? I've never tried on of those, but I have a friend who loves doing them and does quite large projects.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
All 55 of my remaining masks were finished and mailed yesterday. I spent part of today cleaning my room ( it was trashed), washed my ironing board cover and ironed the fabric for the tree blocks for the Christmas quilts. I’ll get them cut out tomorrow and maybe start sewing. If my back allows.

I’m still waiting on my fabric and patterns I ordered. Have not received a shipping notice but it’s on my credit card. Tried to track the package on the off chance it was shipped but have to download a app and I’m not doing that. Was going to call then end of the week but Thursday and Friday are holy days so I will call tomorrow.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Almost finished one of my pairs of knitted socks (I know, it's taking me a loooooong time to do them). Not quite sure how to sew the ends (don't remember), found a youtube tutorial but will call knitting lady and see if it's the same way she does it.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Started cutting fabric for my quilts. Yikes!! I have just enough of my tree fabrics. No room for any cutting errors. I don’t even have scraps to save. I stopped early because my back was starting to hurt. I didn’t want it to distract me and make me screw something up.
My fabric order is finally on its way! Will be here on Friday. Can’t wait, hopefully I like what I bought lol. I have a hard time picking fabrics online.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I've made up some crochet cat nip toys for a friend of mine. She adopted a new kitty. Then my DD27 (28 tomorrow!!), wanted me to make some up and mail them. I made them in chicken leg shapes. I've been crocheting stuff ... tried some afghan squares, a headband, and a Siamese flat cat bookmark. Then I thought I'd try knitting. I had gotten a book from our library. Now, I can keep it because they don't want book returns for weeks!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I've got all my Easter gifts and cards mailed and updated my blog with my recent crafts. Also made a couple of face masks for DH and plan to make a couple for myself.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I finished masks for dh & dsil. I still need to make 2 each for dgs, dgd, and myself. I sewed 3 fleece pads to go under the guinea pigs' beds. I have fabric & lining cut for one more pad, and then I need to cut more. My back is done for the day.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hoping to try a mask this weekend. Have it narrowed down to 2. Think I will go with the one with just side seams, bottom is on fold (will use 2 different fabrics), and top is folded down but I will sew each edge (raw edge in place) and the top opened to insert a filter if desired. Will go do some work and see about getting stuff out.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Was trying to get the 16 tree quilt blocks done But my back isn’t having any part of that. Tried to sew then come upstairs to the recliner to clip the flying geese but that got old going back and forth. So I quit for the day. If my back says it’s ok I will finish the trees and start on the house on Monday.
Plan to see if there is any free patterns or directions for the kitchen towel boa online. I think I might make some for Christmas gifts for some of the people on my list.