Crafters Challenge April4th---April 10th, 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Evening! Starting several hours earlier for next week....getting ready to go to hospital for treatment and when home will do 2 desserts and ham sandwiches.

The only crafting (and it isn't) that was done here was dying eggs today. The last 6 or 7 years we use paper towels, food coloring and the water spritzer.

Thread was alittle slow this past week but with Easter and some weather is getting nice so people may be in yard.

What is your plan for this week?

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good morning Lana and Happy Easter.

My plans will not be changing for a while yet. I will be working on the wedding bunting. I am determined to get it done and out of the way long before the wedding so it means working on it now.

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Happy Easter, y'all! It's been crazy spring weather around here and I've tried getting as much done outside as possible. But we've had some weather I didn't want to be out in and used that time to work on some crafty things- little paper packets filled with candies and what-nots for Easter baskets and bunnies made from little Starbucks cappuccino bottles. I've also snuck in a little knitting and helped my son with his backboard on his history assignment.

I'm in the middle of swapping out season's clothing and trying to get some organizing done around here so I'm not sure how much time I'll have for much in the craftroom. Just knitting on those throws until they're done, which is gonna take a minute. I'd like to at least start gathering the things needed for some decor I'd like to make for Memorial Day/the 4th of July. We'll see.

Have a blessed week!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
80AD93FA-72CA-46E5-8576-32EF0BE0DA2E.jpeg

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Jampss ~ Those blankets will be so loved!

Hope everyone's Easter was delightful. We had a brunch at the lake with those who were here. There were 9 of us. Lovely to see these friends again and be able to have a meal together!

I managed to complete the two sewing projects I brought along ... winter napkins and one of the BOM blocks I'm doing. I also got a small start on a CCS BD motif.

We will be at the lake for a couple more days, so I'll be doing more CCS and knitting.

I need to think of something to make for my DGD's 12th BD (a couple weeks away). I'll entertain any suggestions!

Once home, I have some Easter fabric to pick up for napkins. That's a brainstorm I had on the way here. We stopped at three craft/quilt stores to look for fabric but could find none, so I ordered it. I'll have them for next year.

I need to finish up the April BD cards and look towards May Mother's Day cards.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Yesterday late afternoon Teigan wanted me to make a mask for her baby doll. So she picked fabric (not much in house) and wanted this black lace along one top so we made that. Can be a mask for nose/mouth or a sleep mask. Teigan has used a sleep mask for a couple years now. I bet she uses it 4 out 7 if not more.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I've started knitting a bit again. Started something and what is will be will depend on when the yarn runs out;)

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Not getting too much done here. My vertigo has been giving me fits.
Husband offered to take me to Amish country to get fabric for purses etc if I was up to it. Wasn’t the best idea but I was really wanting to go. 5 stores later not a single piece of fabric bought. I found absolutely nothing. The only thing I did get was all the hardware I needed, and increase of vertigo symptoms.
So I ordered online. Hoping I like it when it gets here.
Our friend was hinting she could use some Americana themed ornaments. I have plenty of fabric in my stash and supplies. She getting 6 for Christmas, so I’ve been picking at those when I can.
Enjoy the rest of the week everyone!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Amelia, hope you start feeling better soon.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Jampss, nice blankets.

Debbie, glad you are knitting again.

DD, decide on a gift to make her yet?

Amelia, hope you are feeling better. Sorry your shopping day wasn't good for you.

Kringle, but your bunnies were cute!

Rose, you are a busy lady!

Homemade4me, sounds like you are getting a start going with ordering and thinking what to make.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
No ideas for Iris' BD gift yet. I'm making some towel toppers for her DMom though. LOL The first one (machine embroidery) was way too small, so I'm going back to an old sewing machine style. I may be doing some quilting on it with the embroidery machine though.

Kathy and I will start painting our barn quilts today. We are planning a camping trip to go on one or more barn quilt trails in a couple of weeks. We're only spending one full day there, so will try to see all of the barn quilts in the area in that time (there may be over 100). If not, it might be close enough that we could make a one day road trip to see the rest of them...or go camping there again. There's also a nearby bakery that's been recmmended by .

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have wanted to do a barn quilt before they started going up around here! I don't say anything anymore and when we see one up ---Allen will say have you decided on one yet? Yes, I have and with all this time have changed it over and over. I have several pinned on pinterest.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Barn quilt road trip sounds like fun!

I finally got the quilt sandwiched! Glad that’s done. I might get my machine prepped to start quilting tomorrow. First I need to make a “postcard” to myself out of any type media for the crafting during covid research project I’m participating in. I keep forgetting about it ( my brain..) so I wrote myself a note. I’m thinking a quilted card using the scraps from the Christmas quilts. Most of my diary submissions was about working on them.

Finishing up the last ornament for our friend. It will be done tomorrow evening. I need a shopping trip for all the embellishments. All of my supplies are shinny silver and gold. I need flat brass and maybe some burlap ribbon. I had an idea about using twine that’s here but it’s too fat and stiff.

The bulk of the fabric I ordered will be here Monday and Tuesday. I can’t wait to see it. Still waiting on MSQ to ship.