Crafters Challenge Aug. 21st-Aug. 27th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I actually accomplished a few things. Made the 3 barbie skirts and a bib. Pictures on blog.

This week I really need to order or find the diamond glaze and liquid gold leaf for some projects.

Also I need to work on more baby bibs and burp rags. Will have a baby girl (great niece in Nov.) and a friend of mine has a daughter due in January. (a boy)

Can't wait to hear what you are all working on!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Lana - WooHoo! Saw the pics on your blog - sooo cute!!! I am determined to get better at sewing with a machine this year! There are so many possibilities that open up!

This week my crafting goals are:

- Finish last little bit on tennis racket page for Quiet Book project
- Start and possibly complete fish bowl page for Quiet Book
- Make new fall wreath (I have to pick up a wreath form - but I have all other supplies I need!)
- Cut rough draft version of pennants for paper pennant banner in DS's room and then use that to calculate needed amount of paper to purchase in desired colors/patterns

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Lana, good work on the Barbie clothes. Love the outhouse!

I can't wait for the Christmas fabric to arrive in the stores!! Think I'll figure out what I want to do next year and buy the fabric this year for next year's crafts

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
I will be finishing up a few scrapbook projects this week and then it is on to sewing. I am in need of a few pot holders. After that I will be making out my list for Crafts I want to do for Christmas. I am so looking forward to spending time crafting again, I've been away to long.
~ Farmerswife

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Lucie, it is starting to come out. At fabric.com I saw some pretty material.

Farmerswife, glad to see you posting here. I always to seem to have an ideal of what I will make but this year just can't seem to kick it in gear and get at it. Craft room is a mess so that doesn't help.

We always love to see pictures and hear the ideals that people have.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Thinking I need a 'rotary cutter' - making the squares for the rag quilt is hard work! My hand is killing me. Any suggestions on how to make all those squares?

Picked up two new balls of white yarn, and some white flannel - a project for me :)

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
I picked up one of the mini christmas trees at Hobby Lobby this weekend. I am working on some ornaments and things to decorate it. I already cleared out a new home for it, as the centerpiece of our kitchen table. I am using apples and pinecones for the ornaments right now. Thinking of acorns, leaves, maybe candy corn and then changing to Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
This week, I am hoping to get my sewing machine out in the study upstairs and work on sewing together 3 crayon rolls that are cut out (they are planned for DD and the 2 girls 4 doors up, probably as Christmas presents).

I also am doing a little work on my cross stitch - I had plans for a load of Xst baubles, but I doubt if I will get more than 1 or 2 done this year (I have 8 plastic balls that I will use in half's to cover the front, so had planned 16!). But I have now completed the holly berries on the first, and am about to start work on the leaves tonight.

Sounds like everyone is motoring on!!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I have a feeling I'm going to be very lazy this week but I promise to be more industrious next week when DH is away.

For now maybe just a little knitting...

Cindasnow

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
I so have to get myself in gear or I will never be ready for Christmas. I am going to do a Christmas Bazzaar at my mom's church at the end of October so I am busy making things for that. If I do not make a focused effort to work on Christmas gifts each week I will never be done.

This week:
*Work on 20 Reindeer Necklaces ( plastic Canvas)- I think these are already cut out in my ufo box so pulling those out and getting started.
*Cut out baby doll clothes patterns and cut out at least 3 outfits

That is it. Hopefully I can get myself organized and get on task.

Happy Crafting Everyone!!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
What have I gotten done this week. Nothing at all we have way to much going on this week. Family reunion was Sunday. Mon, Tues, Wens cheer practice. Thursday a birthday party that I would like to try and make a poppet for the little girl she is the only one of her sisters that doesn't have one. Might try and squeeze that in today. Friday I have to go help SIL2B decorate the reception place, then during wedding rehersal we are going to go down to camp to help set up chairs and tent for wedding. That way my brother and his best man don't have todo Saturday while they are at camp fishing until they have to go help SIL2B's grandfather get ready for the wedding. Saturday is scrimage day Makayla's is at 1:15, I am thinking that puts my nefhews at around 9:15 because he is in the youngest age group and I know the next ones up are at 11:15 I will do my volunteer hours probley during his scrimage so that I have time to go home and get ready for the wedding before Makayla's scrimage so that I can watch as much of that as possible, Maranda will go to that will us so that she can walk home with Kayla afterwards. Then at 3 on Saturday I get to go to my favorite brothers wedding.

I wanted to go down to camp before Friday to see the new sign that dad and brother made for camp but don't think that will happen. Oh well I can wait.