Crafters Challenge Aug. 28th-Sept. 3rd

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Every take notice that we will be into a new month at the end of this weeks challenge.

I went shopping yesterday and found the liquid gold leaf. Guess I will have to order the diamond glaze. Got a book with some simple quilting ideals for Christmas.

Hope everybody has a GREAT crafting week!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished 1 of my half-eaten gingerbread man. Need to do a 2nd one. It'll be the ornaments for the kids this year.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished my 2nd half-eaten gingerbrad man. Can put this away in the 'Stocking stuffer' box and put all my stuff away at the right place. The other crafts I want to do can't be done right away... missing Christmas fabric and it is not in stores yet.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lucie what pattern did you find on the 1/2 eaten gingerbread men I have wanted to make them for the kids since I first seen them.

Lana looks like you had a nice surprise birthday. Umm your shirt looks just like the one I wore to the wedding

My brothers wedding was perfect. I am getting ready to put pictures on my blog

This week craft wise will probley be like this past week nothing unless I can sneak something in. Makayla's first game is this weekend and the big race of the year is this weekend. My brother doesn't know if he is going to race it or not. He has only raced once this season, and doesn't know if he really wants to dish out the $5000.00 todo so this weekend. He said he might do wing race Friday then he might not, then he goes to maybe I will do time trials and race on Sunday then no I don't think I will so if and when I get that phone call on Saturday morning I will know. The car will be ready if he wants too.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I am working on my cross-stitch this week, and some knitting on a lap blanket I am making my gran, and hope to get at least the small tote I have cut sewn up. I have a couple of other UFOs ready in ziplocs for sewing (dollie blanket, crayon rolls, tree decorations) that I will do in the next couple of weeks.

And I also have a plan to get a few more things sewn before Christmas - I have decided that the 20 minutes after I read DD's story (while she's reading to herself) and before I turn the lights off up in her room (attic), I will work on the sewing in the study/craft room (just at the base of attic stairs). This means I won't keep her awake, and I will get stuff done that I mightn't otherwise make time for (cos the washing up can always be done when I get back downstairs later, if DH hasn't done it in the meantime, heeheehee!!!).

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I'm doing a little better this week than last...

Finished another pair of wristlets and started a scarf - ripped out the scarf and will redo with a lacier stitch.

I went through some yarn and decided I didn't like some of it - anyone want some yarn???

Tried to start a top down sock and discovered I had forgotten how. Have to relearn that. I might work on another UFO sock.

Lana - looks like you had a wonderful birthday!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Well, I didn't yet get the sewing machine out (there were a couple of very tired nights needing more attention than usual), but I did get some sewing done on the first of my Xst patterns. I also got a while to tidy the craft room one of the bad nights after DD's lights out (sewing would be too loud but I needed to be on hand for a while to make sure she settled). So it's more organised, there's a bundle of fabrics that won't be used until after Christmas sorted to go into the attic at the weekend, and I have 3 dollie blankets cut out, one with its ribbon cut to size (I couldn't face digging for other ribbons that night) and each in their own ziploc.

This morning, I also got most of the rest of the materials I need for the rest of the things I want to do for Christmas and a couple fo yards of a nice pink corderouy with butterfly embellishments that will be nice for girlie projects (lots of little girls in the family and all DD's friends to consider too).

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Wingedone you have been very productive, I'm still trying to figure out a few crafts to do for Christmas let alone start them. I do have my list pretty much complete, but just need one or two more ideas to pull from. Have to spend some time combing the internet for something that strikes my fancy. I haven't even been in my craft room all week. :(

On a different note; I did at least get one dish cloth done this week.

~ Farmerswife

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Well, I finished the scarf - hated it and ripped it out again. Maybe I'll just leave that yarn alone for now....

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Wingedone, you are doing good with stuff.

Debbie, you are also getting stuff done but to hard on yourself!!!!!!!!!! Bet you the scarf was pretty.

Farmerswife, how is your search going?

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Hi Lana,

I'm still looking. I have to go out today so will make a pit stop at Michaels and maybe something will spark my interest. When I get home I should have time to look through some craft links that I have booked marked.

Happy Crafting all ~ Farmerswife

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Well, I got the tote all but finished last night (I just need to press it, and then sew a seam around the top to finish it, which I could even not bother with but would do the job properly).

Debbie, that's a shame when you were all finished - I hate ripping back.